Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
Deanw
Star
Star

Hi, I noticed that on my Arlo app on my iphone I have I have a duplicate of the 1 camera i have installed., and 2 base stations showing up. both the same name. This only happens on my iphone. My ipad is fine when using the arlo app. I deleted and reinstalled the arlo app on my phone, and the dupilcate camera and base station were gone. But they have since reappeared. Any advice on whats going on? 

Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue has been resolved in iOS app version 2.3.2 please visit the app store and update your Arlo mobile app to this latest version.

JamesC

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Looking at previous threads, I think there's an issue with the iOS app. Not sure why your iPad is OK. Hopefully a fix will be released soon

RamTruckGuy
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am seeing this same issue. I am using an iPhone 6S and the duplicate camera issue is there. My iPad does not have any problems. I just noticed that the duplicate camera problem started tonight.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue is currently under investigation by the engineering team. I will post an update as soon as I have more information. We appreciate
your patience in this process.

JamesC

manofice
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Any update?
blinds21
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have had the same issues 2 times in the last 2 weeks . I had to remove the camera and reinstall it . I have iPhone 6s and iPad does the duplicate screen on both .
Goldzulu
Aspirant
Aspirant
Any update on this issue? I also see duplicates. Also my batteries read dead on one of my cameras even though they are new. I cannot view my cameras live either. The whole iOS app seems to be broken. I am using an iPhone 7plus with the most recent updates installed.
Deanw
Star
Star

No resolution as of yet. It is rather annoying. The duplicate camera shows a low battery as well. Funny thing is, my iPad does not show any duplicate cameras, but my iPhone 5s does. Hopefully they will have a fix for this soon. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue is still being investigated by the engineering team. Please do not attempt to remove the duplicate cameras as this does not resolve the issue. Some users have reported having success by uninstalling the Arlo mobile app and downloading a fresh version from the app store. I will post an update when I have more information.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience,
JamesC

NeilC78
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi, any updates please? I've uninstalled and reinstalled a few times. The problem still occurs.

Many thanks
Neil
RamTruckGuy
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am not sure if this information helps at all I am the one with the master account and I see the issue but the other people that I have allowed access to my Arlo system through my app even with the same phone they do not see this issue with duplicate cameras. I have also removed the app and downloaded a fresh version this did help for a few days then it was back so I downloaded another fresh app and at this time I am not seeing the issue But in the past it has come back so I'll have to update later
Deanw
Star
Star

Thanks for the reply. I have a new problem show up though. I actually only have 2 cameras. One Arlo wire free camera and base station, and one Arlo q camera. In my app under devices, it shows  as 2 Arlo q cameras same name.  2 base stations with 2 cameras in each. This only shows up on my iPhone. Not on my iPad or a computer. So arming is annoying from my iPhone.... It is rather annoying when when I don't have my iPad available. Hopefully there is a fix soon.....

NeilC78
Aspirant
Aspirant
This is the same issue I have. I've tried deleting the 'unarmed' version but it actually deletes both parts leaving the system needing a full reset. I've deleted the app from my ipad, but the problem still comes back.

A couple of times yesterday, it seemed to have corrected itself; then the 'second' inactive system with no battery appeared.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue has been resolved in iOS app version 2.3.2 please visit the app store and update your Arlo mobile app to this latest version.

JamesC

NeilC78
Aspirant
Aspirant
Brilliant news! Thanks for your time and efforts on this. Greatly appreciated. Have a good day
Deanw
Star
Star

Awesome! Thanks so much for the reply! Glad it's fixed now. 🙂 

RamTruckGuy
Aspirant
Aspirant
Great news. Thanks