Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

arlo upgrade failed camera rejected upgrade request

Discussion stats
  • 19 Replies
  • 10 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
lovejones
Star
Star

I have 4 cameras currently connected to my base station, 3 of which are working one is not.

i had 2 camera that were requesting update, one of which updated and all is good, the other however, will not update. i have tried removing camera and re adding, this obviously then goes through all the other motions of re syncing. i have rebooted modem and base, still nothing, i have tried dissarming the unit nd updating, no joy.

i really dont see the need to factory reset when the other 3 are fine, and the other 1 updated without issue. to me that rules out factory resetting!

so i get

udate camera fimware

firmware in progress dont remove batteries

then it goes to device offline

when i check device it says in an orange banner the camera rejected the firmware update

but whilst it is "updating" it shows as connected

ive searched for answers but does ot seem to be a general answer and most go around in circles. ive spent a fortune on a gadget that really should not be making mespend an age trying to getto bloody work.

device info

HW Version VMB3010r2
Serial Number 48D46C7RA0890
Firmware1.10.0.8_22190

camera info

HW Version H11
Serial Number 4WA16B7MAA41A
Firmware 1.2.16720

any help appreciated

19 REPLIES 19
lovejones
Star
Star

i was in discussion on live chat but this ended abruptly and now i cant log back in

seems that there are countless issues with this issue, yet zero actual reference to solving it,

should i get this rectified, i willl ost up what was done. but at this stage, i am about to throw it in the bin

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

For starters, your base needs updated firmware. Mine is at 1.10.0.9_23037. That's likely the root cause of the issue. You can always check what the latest firmware versions are by looking in the Release Notes section here.

If power cycling the base doesn't get you the update, you may just have to reset the system and start fresh. That clears up a lot of weirdnesses even though it's a PITA.

lovejones
Star
Star

And how do i update my base, my portal doesnt state i need an update.

lovejones
Star
Star

i have now reset the base station, removed from my account as after resetting i still had all my hardware showing though,

anyway, still no uodate for my base, and now the base wont see the camera i am having issues with.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Either swap at the store or open a case with support here for an RMA.

lovejones
Star
Star

when i work out how to open a case i will i dont find this site very easy to navigate

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use the Contact Support link at the bottom here and again on the new page.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

lovejones,

Current base station firmware is 1.10.0.8_22190 so your base station is up to date. Typically, firmware update failure is due to low batteries or poor signal strength. You might try a fresh set of batteries and see if you still experience the same behavior.

JamesC

lovejones
Star
Star

so, new batteries in the camera, camera is 12" from base station (have tried clser and further)

same thing, press sync, base station flashes, press sync, camera has slow blue flashing, base station and camer continue flashing whilst the base stations internet liggh flashes then stops, then flashes then stops and so on.

still no connection to base station and my guess is, still not updated.

maisie
Aspirant
Aspirant

Note: brand new system, purchased August 1st (yesterday).

Same nonsense here. One of my two cameras would not update to newest firmware. Been trying all of the recommended steps I can find. 

Latest thing I tried was deleting the devices (2 cameras and 1 base) from the setup, and starting over. The base seems to install as a device without issue, and it has the latest fiirmware. But, now I can't even get one camera to connect back to the system. Just the flashing blue light indicating it's searching for the base.

Previously, both cameras would connect but one would ALWAYS fail the required firmware update. Lights would flash as it tried the upgrade, but would always fail with the CAMERA REJECTED UPGRADE REQUEST. Assuming I can afford to waste even more hours messing with this junk, and also assuming I ever get either camera operational again, can I use the camera with a previous version of the firmware? How would I prevent the firmware prompt from continuously appearing?

Other comments referred to a setting that disables auto-update, but I do not see the setting in my base device options.

Been several hours now messing with this disfunctional attempt at market-ready camera system.

How is this a sellable product?

I'm an engineer, and I can't get it to do anything. What level of expertise is required to use this stuff? NASA? 

... --- ... ...---... ...---...

lovejones
Star
Star

i gathered id not be the only one.

i have done what you stated a dozen times, and new batteries and off on and everything in betwenn and now i have given up, i cannot see that due to this being what appears to be a common issue why so many have this problem.

I work in IT and yes, for something so basic, i cant get the thing to work.

I dont like the whole send it back get it replaced...maybe netgear should just send a new one direct to me with a pick up of broken faulty one on drop off.

according to my emails i have an open case.....but i have had ZERO communication from them and i still wait, i have had the chat box on only to be cut off mid conversation and since unable to connect with a "tech"

this could be a great product if only they knew what they were doing in the back end of it.

sooooooo

IM STILL WAITING NETGEAR/ARLO......STILL WAITING.

M412KY
Tutor
Tutor
Having exactly the same issue with my setup. I’ve 5 cameras in total, 4 are model H7 and one H11. I had the battery needs replacing message. So inserted a new set and was prompted to update firmware. Clicked the button to update and nothing the camera doesn’t even flash to say it’s updating. Tried everything as described above and nothing. Firmware versions are as your on the hub and camera.
BPack
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue here. Two cameras, H7 and H11. H11 firmware will not upgrade.  First couple of times it gave the light indicators that firmware upgrade was in progress as well as message in app. Now it won’t even give indications. Several tries following all “recommendations” that don’t work. Three sets of new batteries, camera 6” from base, base removed from account and added back. Now it’s saying camera off line and only way to get it to show back up is to removed and resync. 

KennethC2
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue here! I have 4 cameras currently connected to my base station, 3 of which are working one is not. They are all H7 and are newly bought today. One cannot update from Firmware 1.2.16720 to the current 1.2.21616. Need HELP!
lovejones
Star
Star

unfortunately it appears netgear dont give a shi te, i had an email stating a ticket was opened but heard nowt. still with one that doesnt work and at this stage i wont be giving any good feedback to anyone who asks about the arlo system, which i get asked alot.

they dont even monitor this forum by the looks of it!

clearly as i have said before, its an ongoing issue and they have not rectified nor by the looks of it know how to rectify it, extremely poor poor after sales care and form.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

If you're still experiencing an issue with your camera updating to the latest firmware. Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

lovejones
Star
Star

i already have, i even have an email stating i have anopen ticket, but have had zero response!!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

lovejones,

Do you have a case number? I will review your case and escalate as necessary.

JamesC

M412KY
Tutor
Tutor

To be honest even Doug that didn’t help the problem. I eventually got a replacement camera sent.