Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
ep1971
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello. Only have had system a few days and my 4 camera seemed to be working ok.  Now that I'm 1600 miles away it is saying base station is offline.   Disappointed as thus was my main reason for purchasing the 4 camera system from best buy.  I know the Internet is up because my indoor dropcam and samsung cameras are working.  Have not had time to spend time researching a fix as we are out of town visiting family.   Any suggestions as to what I can do to get these back up would be greatly appreciated. 

13 REPLIES 13
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Attempt to restsrt the base remotely....Settings-Base Station Settings...right side, RESTART

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
ep1971
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks. I've had to use that option a couple of times recently this week but now I don't the restart option, just deactivate. ...
arlolosangeles
Guide
Guide
Did deactivating work?
woseyjales
Luminary
Luminary

If you deactivate, you have to start from scratch, just like you did when you brought it all home. That means resyncing cameras. That to me at least, would be a last resort, especially if your 1600 miles away.

Oliviu
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same trouble with my Arlo camera system since 2 weeks ago. Installed it at my mom's.
Camera working, recording to the cloud, all
OK. App says Base station and Camera is offline.
Visited today, reatarted the base station. Same behavior.
Did a hard reset of the base station (Reset&Sync button for 10 seconds). Since then no more films are being recorded and I cannot access the base station. App says it's offline athiugh the Base station LED's show all is ok.
Should have chosen the Samsung. Much more reliable.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Oliviu,

If the internet LED on the base station is solid green that means it is online and communicating with the Arlo servers. Have you tried viewing the cameras from a different device to see if you get the same behavior?

JamesC

woseyjales
Luminary
Luminary

JamesC wrote:

Oliviu,

If the internet LED on the base station is solid green that means it is online and communicating with the Arlo servers. Have you tried viewing the cameras from a different device to see if you get the same behavior?

JamesC

I'm not so sure if that's true or not James!!! I had the same thing happen a few days ago, but it was at the same time that Arlo apologized 3 days after the fact, informing me and others that Arlo had an issue on their end after I stayed up late troubleshooting my system, when it was on your end!!!

My base station said it (green light) was connected to the internet, but I couldn't do anything with it, stream, set mode, etc. I rebooted multiple times, used all 3 browsers I have, including android on my phone and didn't have any control. Next morning, eveything worked!!!

rmajrfullforce
Tutor
Tutor

I tried everything and now the error changed from base station is offline to: (There was a problem establishing a connection to the media server). System installed on 12/24/2015. Latest update states 10/15/15. Tried mutiple browsers, PC, and phones, all offline issues. Netgear base station has all 3 Lights on, but I can view any video feeds and I'm currently away.

Submitted on another post:

Is the Server down? I have all GREEN lights on and for whatever reason, I get that error that the base station is offline.

Did all the trouble shooting that all these boards have posted? It was working fine for 3 days until this morning when I went to go check an aler

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Arlo team is making several updates to the cloud and to all the apps as a part of the new release today. Some users may experience issues during this process and we apologize for any inconvenience this might cause. We expect the issues to be resolved in a very short time frame and request you to try using Arlo again in 60 minutes

JamesC

arlolosangeles
Guide
Guide

After a 9 day outage since the problem on the 19th, mine is now back up.

I was experiencing the "offline" issue.

Here's what I did:

- Factory reset my netgear base station (hold down reset on the back and sync button)

- Power cycled both my netgear base station and modem (unplug power cable from unit for 15 seconds - plug modem back in 1st, wait for it to be fully up and then plug in netgear)

- Restart base station

- Deactivated base station from myarlo browser login (not mobile app)

- Reactivate base station from browser login

- power down wireless camera (remove and re-insert batteries)

- Resync camera with base station

Not working 100%

Hope this helps someone!

Still no clue what happened. But grateful to be back up and running.

ep1971
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks!  My system came back online at some point during the week.  The problem I seem to be having now is the notifications,motion, are working sporatic.  Came home from work this morning they were not working but I could view them.  Went out this evening and they were sending alerts like they were suppose to.  Not exactly sure whats going on....

ep1971
Aspirant
Aspirant

While I do like the wireless and quality of the Arlo system so far it doesn't seem to be to reliable.  What samsung system were you considering?

JustLearning
Apprentice
Apprentice
A cameras back on line alert would be very helpful, that way it would be clear when they have gone offline and would help track the cause of cameras going offline. It would be even better if they did not go offline in the first place!