Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

arlo pro live footage - privacy concern - how to disable live view for grant access users?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
DavidLlM
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm surprised that no-one seems to be concerned about the live footage feature. I'd like to grant access to all my cameras to a family member (who lives elsewhere), so that he can monitor and receive motion alerts when I'm away and the system is armed. But it seems that, once he has access to a camera, he can see and hear us in the vicinity of that camera at any time (including while the system is disarmed). This 'constant surveillance' feature seems inappropriate to me. Am I missing some easy way to disable it? I can find no reference to this on the forums.

3 REPLIES 3
steve_t
Master Master
Master

I guess yours is a limited use case. I'd say the vast majority of people trust the person they're granting access to otherwise why would you grant them access? Your options would be to deselect the cameras you don't want them to have access to while you're home. I guess this is only practical if you're allowing this guy to have access while you're away for longer periods of time eg going away on holiday, rather than every day while you're out at work.

Basically, if you trust them, grant them access. If you don't, don't.
You could put this idea for better access control into the Ideas Exchange section if it's not already there and if it gets upvoted a lot, the devs will probably look into it, but again I think there would be very few in your situation

RandallE
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same concern. I've granted access to my teenage kids. I'm divorced and if they're all out or with their mom, I want to know I can disable live view for privacy.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You would need to manually set each camera slider to off in the camera settings.