Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

arlo new system set up reboot (spain or USA) says my email is linked to a different system

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Laturistanativa
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, finally, after some trouble, I got arlo reset and need to enter my email and password for a "new system setup" like out of the factory.  Trouble begins when the app on the computer is letting me know that my email is linked to a different system and I can´t proceed.  What to do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Depends on what you're trying to do. Normally, a reset simply uses your old credentials. Remove all devices from Settings, My Devices and then use the Add Device button on the Devices tab to re-add the base and sync the cameras. If you're really trying to change the email address/account, you must remove all devices as above using your old account before being able to use the new account.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Depends on what you're trying to do. Normally, a reset simply uses your old credentials. Remove all devices from Settings, My Devices and then use the Add Device button on the Devices tab to re-add the base and sync the cameras. If you're really trying to change the email address/account, you must remove all devices as above using your old account before being able to use the new account.

Laturistanativa
Aspirant
Aspirant

No, I am not trying to use a new e-mail.  I´ll remove all the devices and then repeat the process see if that works.

Laturistanativa
Aspirant
Aspirant

After eliminating the base I went for a "New system set up" and my email still appears used by another account.  I can not access the next step.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Your problem is that it's NOT a new system setup.  That procedure allows you to create a new account and then set up the system.  In your case, once you've removed all devices from Settings, My Devices, you should simply be using the Add Device button on the Devices tab after logging in normally.