Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

arlo cameras will not sync in spite of proper steps

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Posita
Follower
Follower

Have 3 cameras. All worked great until the batteries ran out. 

Now none of the 3 cameras will sync.

Went through all the appropriate steps including rebooting the base station.

I know this is a common problem, but none of the common solutions work.  All batteries are new.  Held the basestation sync button for the appropriate time.  Got blue flashing lights on cameras then orange blinking light then nothing.  The base station continues to blink green for about 5 minutes after the sync button is depressed.

Support seems nonexistent. This forum doesn't allow me to put in the real model number VMS3330

I really liked the system.  Anyone have any other suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes... pull batteries out .

verify placement of cells ( on copper contacts on door are +/- cutouts to assure placement )

Replace.

Power button reboot base, let it come back on line, QUICKLY push the base sync button, the a sec later the camera button ( dont hold )

If above fail, then go to SETTINGS, use REMOVE DEVICE for camera and bring back as if brand new(sync )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Barnfield
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem. I have 4 cameras and the system has worked fine until yesterday. First the internet light was amber. So i checked all cables and rebooted system. Fixed that issue. Then camera light on base station was amber cameras not working did factory reset. Removed cameras and started new setup. None of the 4 cameras would sync. I also agree with the previous person getting support here in Australia is dissapointing. I have been singing the praises of this system to family and friends I will have to re-think that now that I have found backup service is limited. Can you help to get my system backup and running.

Barnfield
Aspirant
Aspirant

All fixed - Rookie mistake, forgot to reinstall base station. Once base station was reinstalled in Arlo app it allowed cameras to be installed.