Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

add rule not available issue

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
mailmanusa
Tutor
Tutor

I have two modes set up already.  For the sake of discussion, it will be mode A and mode B.   Mode A has all cameras on my account utilized.  Mode B does not have all cameras utilized.

In mode A, the "add rule" option is not available.   I assume this is because all cams are utilized.

In mode B, the "add rule" option is avalable.   I assume this is because there is a cam on the account that is not utilized in mode B.

In mode B, since the "add rule" option is available I can repeatedly add rules.  Such as, having one cam trigger two other to record video at the same time.  But, I cant do this in mode A.

I removed a cam from mode A and reinstalled it in hopes that the "add rule" option in mode A will appear.  It did not work.

How do I get the "add rule"option to appear in mode A? In addition to what mode A already does, I want to add additional rules to make some of the cams motion detection record on two cams at the same time.  I need to get the "add rule" option to appear in mode A.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

First you don't say it , but try not to modify the default ARMED and DISARMED modes if possible..

In your case where A isn't working properly ( and I don't know why ), the best thing I can think of is to make a NEW MODE "C" using the same setup as A with your same settings and then add the additional rules you want.

After you create C and all is functional, you have a choice to leave A as is or delete it.

( the other method would prob require a full reset of the base to start over as new... more trouble than making new mode )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

First you don't say it , but try not to modify the default ARMED and DISARMED modes if possible..

In your case where A isn't working properly ( and I don't know why ), the best thing I can think of is to make a NEW MODE "C" using the same setup as A with your same settings and then add the additional rules you want.

After you create C and all is functional, you have a choice to leave A as is or delete it.

( the other method would prob require a full reset of the base to start over as new... more trouble than making new mode )

Morse is faster than texting!
mailmanusa
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for the reply.  I was thinking before I checked back here and sure enough my thoughts were correct and you have confirmed it.  I had been trying to modify the default "armed" mode.  I'll just create a new mode as you suggest and go from there.