Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 32 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
PJoy
Tutor
Tutor

I keep getting this error when trying to access my camera from my app. "Your device is not connected. Make sure it's connected to your router and has a working Internet connection."  I've tried uninstalling and re-installing the calera, i've tried rebooting the Arlo base station, and I've event tried re-booting the actual router the the station is connected to.  Any advice?

32 REPLIES 32
AAnderson5406
Tutor
Tutor

I tried replacing the batteries with ones i had in my garage. I removed the base station and then added it back. I guess i can buy new batteries again. I am not sure what the problem is.

emmalouise
Aspirant
Aspirant

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I think it's time for a factory reset. Note your settings, modes and rules, and schedule to aid the rebuild. Press the reset button on the base until the LEDs flash amber. Delete all devices including cameras in Settings, My Devices. Use the Add Device button on the Cameras tab and add the base followed by the cameras. Did all cameras sync? If so, rebuild your settings, etc. If not, open a trouble ticket.

Moneybrawler
Tutor
Tutor

Same issue. Between this and the fact that they do not detect motion when they are online, I should have just let someone still my $600 and saved myself the headaches. 

Hughie
Aspirant
Aspirant
It work few mont ago fine after iPhone shutdown for reasons then I set up again ! Then iPhone works & my Arlo work on email & it won't work on camera & show scheduled list ?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You need to provide details for us to have any chance of helping you.  Symptoms, things you've tried, device model and OS, etc. all help.

Baz_
Aspirant
Aspirant

Using a Google Pixel and Nexus 6P (both on android 7.1.1) installed Arlo app and everything worked perfectly.  As soon as we installed bitdefender, we got the "not connected" errors from the arlo app.  Uninstall bitdefender and it starts working again, so definitely something that the antivirus app is doing that is messing up the arlo app

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Search on "arlo BitDefender" here - there are solutions posted.  I think you have to white-list arlo.netgear.com.