Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Your Arlo device appears offline

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
friccir1234
Follower
Follower

I set up 5 cameras. Cameras worked fine after I synced them up to the base station hub. I logged off and then logged back in and the hub is offline and all 3 green lights are on and solid. When I go into the MODE tab. It says the hubs is offline and when I go to the DEVICE tab, all 5 screens say "Your Arlo device appears offline". I've rebooted everything and the same things happens. I've had this for an hour and I'm ready to return it.

2 REPLIES 2
Streak2
Master Master
Master

Try and do a full reset of the base.

To perform a factory reset on your base station:

1. Use a pen or a straightened paperclip to press and hold the Reset button on the back of the base station for about 10 seconds.

When the base station reset completes, the LEDs on the front of the base station flash amber. When the LEDs stop flashing amber, your base station reboots. Resetting the base station also removes it from your Arlo account.

2. When the Power and Internet LEDs are both solid green, tap the Arlo icon on your mobile device and log in to your Arlo account.

You can also enter netgear.com in the address bar of a browser.

3. Click or tap New System Setup.

4. Follow the setup instructions.

If your wire-free cameras were synced to the base station, you might need to sync the cameras to the base station again. For more information, see How do I set up and sync my Arlo Wire-Free cameras?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since you already have an account with Netgear, the use of New System Setup would be inappropriate - log in and use Add Device instead.  The new system steps are really used to create the account in the first place.

So, simply use Add Device to re-add the base and then sync the cameras.