Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 25 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 12 In Conversation
APB83
Guide
Guide
Using Arlo, 5 cameras and base station

My live camera feeds were sluggish so I rebooted remotely (out at shops) and it just says "your arlo device appears offline" and no sign of it coming back up!!

Is Arlo having server issues again?!

This system really is becoming a nuisance! The motion sensors don't always pick things up, and the delayed recording!!

Wish I hadn't wasted a few hundred on this and bought a proper system!!!
25 REPLIES 25
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

APB83,

I have not been able to replicate any issues streaming or detecting motion. After rebooting, what is the LED behavior on your base station?

Are you still seeing this behavior?

JamesC

XBoNeSX
Aspirant
Aspirant

same issues here ... go online for minute or two then goes offline ,,,tried heps of reboots of base ... remove batts from cameras .. nothing would work ..

APB83
Guide
Guide

It looks like it got stuck in the remote reboot. When I got home I turned it off and on again and worked fine.

BUT... now it's gone into offline mode again!! I am at work so cannot look at it. So I now have a useless CCTV system!!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Is it possible that it's the work network that's the problem?  if you use your phone on cell service do you get a proper connection?

XBoNeSX
Aspirant
Aspirant

nothing to do with our networks ....my internet working at full speeds ... happen after the firmware upgrade .. was working no issues before hand ... 

XBoNeSX
Aspirant
Aspirant

only way to fix it is to do factory reset on your base .

log into account ... go my devices first one at top remove ... then remove batts from cameras .. then reset base .. press rest until lights go orange (amber) then power off /on ... wait until power light goes green and internet ... then add device do same process as when first setup ..

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

XBoNeSX wrote:

nothing to do with our networks ....my internet working at full speeds ... happen after the firmware upgrade .. was working no issues before hand ... 

That may be the case or maybe IT chaanged a network setting.  Other work networks have blocked access.

SnakeMan
Tutor
Tutor

Can anyone explain what causes ARLO to get into this configuration where the system is ofline?  When I retired for the evening I armed my system, base with two cameras, just fine.  The next morning the system was offline and there was nothing I could do to disarm the system.  Nothing that I tried was successful at restoring my system so as a last resort I did a factory reset and reinstalled the system and cameras.  Doing that sucessfully restored my system, but that seems extreme to me.  Was there anything else that I should have tried first? 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
It can happen with even brief power outages, firmware that's not up to date, the phase of the moon​ , etc. Did you power cycle the base? What were the LEDs showing? What were offline - the base of the cameras or everything? Yes, the reset is extreme but occasionally necessary.
Minburn57
Apprentice
Apprentice

Today, multiple cameras 'off-line' but most of the time 'time-outs' with now an odd waiting to show image but then simply goes back to the 'View' prompt.

Im getting 'so' tired of this goddamned system . . . . .

Minburn57
Apprentice
Apprentice

Correction . . . . to flipping back to a 'View' prompt but rather 'Live' after not showing any live image, but also not indicating any error or issue. 

What the hell!??

Rebooted the unit.  Cameras indicate 'connected' with good signal.  Any other 'dance' we should be doing to enable this security system??

SnakeMan
Tutor
Tutor

jguerdat wrote:
Did you power cycle the base? What were the LEDs showing? What were offline - the base of the cameras or everything? Yes, the reset is extreme but occasionally necessary.

Jguerdat, Yes I did power cycle the base and it didn't seem to make a difference.  The base unit had an amber internet light and the other two lights were green.  I checked the router and the base was connected to the router and the router was connected to the Internet.  I was able to connect to various web pages so I know I had internet access.  So my best guess is that the base unit could not establish a connection to the ARLO server.  I power cycled my router, my DSL modem, my computers, the ARLO base unit, removed the batteries on each camera, and nothing seemed to make any difference.  Finally I did the big reset and started over and everything worked just fine when I finished.

Virgil

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Well, that's not good but at least you got it working. If it happens again, make sure to open a case with support.
gskybo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Lost 3 of 5 cameras in a severe thunderstorm.  Got all back online.

1. remove camera from mount, open battery compartment, be sure everything is dry.
  2. take the camera to the base station and re-link.
  3. open the arlo app and confirm your camera is working by going live.
  4. turn off the cameras in settings.  Confirm it is off in the arlo app.
  5. remount the camera
  6. go back to the Arlo app and turn the camera back on and test the live feed.
  7. put you cameras back in the order you prefer...the re-linked camera will go the the bottom of the list.

Worked for me.  Hope it helps.

shawnandLisa
Aspirant
Aspirant

we are having the same issue after a firmware update. How do you fix it?

thanks

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

shawnandLisa,

Consider rebooting your base station using the on-off button. Allow the base to come back online with a solid green power and internet LED. Are you still seeing the same behavior?

JamesC

BobAbooyee
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue. Turned off base, took batteries out. Base on again, synced the cameras with base, ALL 3 lights are on the base....."Your arlo device appears offline"
sedty
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same Problem as described in the past posts -

Followed all the steps - Removing and adding the base station

Removing all the batteries from the cameras

Adding the camera again

After all that, I still have one camera saying that it is offline.

Any other ideas to rectify this would be appreciated.

Also, I was trying to factory reset the camera as a possible solutions but they keep holding on the names that I game them. Is there something I need to do besides open the battery door and removing the batteries?

Thanks

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
You apparently didn't act reset. Remove all devices from Settings, My Devices and start fresh. Use the Add Device button in the Devices tab to add the base and sync the cameras.
sedty
Aspirant
Aspirant

So I went through the steps again and this time made sure I reset the base station and receive the proper lights. My camera still seem to hold on to their setting and I have a feeling this might be part of the issue.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I can't remember after my last reset if the camera names were retained but it's quite possible since the same cameras were resynced.  The modes and rules would have been reset to default, the schedule wiped out and customizations (other than the name) in Settings should have reverted.

Minburn57
Apprentice
Apprentice

I think at this point we need some music to accompany this dance . . . . . .

Jhallman
Star
Star

I have two systems I manage, one at the cottage and another at my boat club.  Both went offline about 3-4 weeks ago and have not come back online.  App says it is the base station.  Of. Course I am not presently close enough to reboot, troubleshoot.  Kind of coincidental that both systems decided to go offline at about the same time.  It would be real nice if Arlo could confirm that it is nothing on their end and that they are totally without an explanation why these systems go offline.  In both cases the internet is working fine.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you opened a case?  Why wait so long?  Support has access to logs that may be able to pinpoint the cause.  Have you also tried both the app and a browser?