Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Hello Arlo Family,

We recently released a web update and some users may experience issues with logging in. If you are experiencing the following error (below) you should try clearing your browser cache. When clearing your browser cache, ensure that for the Time Range option, "All Time" is selected.

You may be logged into NETGEAR Arlo in a different browser tab. Please close the tab before proceeding. You can also try to restart your browser or delete cookies from your browser before trying to log in again.

NOTE: To verify this will resolve the issue you can also try opening another tab in incognito mode or try a different browser.

If you do not want to clear your entire browsing history and you use Google Chrome as your preferred browser you can also simply delete the Arlo cookie individually by pasting the following link in the URL bar: 

chrome://settings/cookies/detail?site=arlo.netgear.com

Click Remove All

DeleteArloCookie.PNG

Release notes to follow soon.

Best Regards,

Christine

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.
170 REPLIES 170
SRMA
Tutor
Tutor

Dont  have Chrome as a Web Browser & Havent ever down loaded it ,And Feel I shouldnt have to , Just to use Arlo.
Ps I have Tried Clearing web browser using Google ( Explorer) would not correct Message Problem.
This Is BS having to Change to  Chrome to Use Arlo.

arlouser2018
Tutor
Tutor

You may be logged into NETGEAR Arlo in a different browser tab. Please close the tab before proceeding. You can also try to restart your browser or delete cookies from your browser before trying to login again.

NO I AM NOT LOGGED ON I ANOTHER BROWSER - my colleague tol me he is going to order Arlo - I will warn him about your poor programming and poor support - I still cant log on to my cameras...

waynebaron
Luminary
Luminary

You tried clearing web browser using google (explorer).  What does that mean?

waynebaron
Luminary
Luminary

For internet explorer:

Choose the "Tools" menu, usually in upper right hand corner.  If you don't see it, try pressing the alt key and that should make the menu appear, or you can right click the main window frame (near the address bar) and make sure the "command bar" is selected, this should also give you a "tools" menu.

Choose "Internet options"

Hit he "Delete" button about midway down the General page.

Make sure "Cookies and Website data" is selected.

Press the "Delete" button at the bottom.

Click Apply and Ok.

Shut down Internet explorer and relaunch

For Edge (similar to IE):

Click the elipses in the top right (looks like ...)

Click "Settings" at the bottom

Click the "Choose what to clear" button about midway down

Make sure "Cookies and saved website data" is checked

Hit the "Clear" button

Close Edge and re-open

Hope this is helpful to those using IE/Edge.

brh
Master
Master

In Chrome, I went to history and in the dropdown menu I selected History again. I then clicked on Clear Browsing history and then in the popup screen under basic, I Selected All Time and presed the Clear Data.

That worked for me.

Brian

SteveinNH
Guide
Guide

I get this message: You may be logged into NETGEAR Arlo in a different browser tab. Please close the tab before proceeding. You can also try to restart your browser or delete cookies from your browser before trying to login again.

Had a chat with support - "they'll look into in"

Now I get an email saying case will be closed - this is crap.

there is only one devise that is trying to log in!

Any suggestions. Thanks

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Please read all of the similar threads here about this issue. The question has been posed and workarounds posted many times.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo/You-may-be-logged-into-NETGEAR-Arlo-in-a-different-browser-tab...

SteveinNH
Guide
Guide

Did that - same problem - seems like a lot of folks have the same problem - and what we get is a message from Netgear - this ticket will be closed. Not the best customer service

SteveinNH
Guide
Guide

Sorry - that does not work - just like a lot of others 'suggestions'. Maybe the tech folks from Netgear should actually address the problem - oh wait, that what they said they would do it my last chat we them!

Thewood
Apprentice
Apprentice

The workarounds don't really offer a lot of help.  I don't really think telling someone to shut down the app and restart it is a workaround.  It's like the help desk telling you to tuen the computer on and off.  There is no solution until Netgear speaks up on it.  Keep posting or eles this is going to get buried.

SteveinNH
Guide
Guide

Your fix worked for me !!!!!!  Netgear should give you five free years of service.

Luddy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Using IE and below does NOT work for me.  Come on Netgear get your act togther ... this is really getting old bewteen outages, issues, etc.  BTW, Chrome works ok but in the past we always had to use IE...what is it tomorrow?

Choose "Internet options"

Hit he "Delete" button about midway down the General page.

Make sure "Cookies and Website data" is selected.

Press the "Delete" button at the bottom.

Click Apply and Ok.

Shut down Internet explorer and relaunch

waynebaron
Luminary
Luminary

All browsers can work.  I can login usin chrome, firefox or IE.

There is no browser that you "have" to use.  If you tried clearing cache, and that isn't working, we need feedback on what you are seeing in order to suggest something.  Just saying "it's not working" is not sufficient for anyone to give you anything other than general advice.

I can confirm that that don't have some global/system outage or no one would be able to get in, and I can get in just fine.

SRMA
Tutor
Tutor

I have deleted My History in Google.ca... But the solution that is suggested and I have Done ....I still get the Message You may be logged in to a Different Browser....So can you tell me whats is the Problem.
Thank You...Unhappy

SteveinNH
Guide
Guide

here is the answer that I found on the board - nothing you tech people had resolved this

Re: You may be logged into NETGEAR Arlo in a different browser tab.

I found a way to kill arlo cookies in Firefox.  I should ransom it to the (people) at netgear, but it might not work for everybody as well as it did for me.   Please reply or Kudo me if it works for you or not.  Here it is:

Open a Firefox window or tab.
Click the menu symbol (it's the 3 bars in the upper right corner)
In the drop down menu, click "Options"
On the left side of the screen click "Privacy and Security"
Under the heading "History" click the link to "remove individual site cookies"

A list of all sites with cookies stored will appear.  
Scroll down to the line that reads "arlo.netgear.com" and click to highlight it.
At the bottom of the box click "Remove Selected"

Click "close" and exit Firefox. 

Good luck,

little rp

AmandaAnaDana
Initiate
Initiate

I use chrome, did everything the message suggested and still I cannot log in on my desktop.  I experienced for a short time the same issue with my phone as well.  I don't know why Arlo feels the need to "update" something that was working perfectly fine until the "update".  This might be the straw that broke the camel's back.  I've spend countless hours trying to fix the issue-of-the-day.  Never in my life have I used  "high tech gagetry" such as this that requires so much of my time.

Luddy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Not difficult to really know the error when I am posting in a thread dedicated about it but to be perfectly clear here is what I get using IE.

" Arlo Smart Home Security Cameras | Home Monitoring | Arlo by NETGEAR

You may be logged into NETGEAR Arlo in a different browser tab. Please close the tab before proceeding. You can also try to restart your browser or delete cookies from your browser before trying to login again."

Terrenb
Tutor
Tutor

Cannot access my Arlo account for a week now. They state I am online on a different server which isn't true.  Their fises do not work and They fail to respond to 10 requests to "forgot password". I am 1800 miles away from unit now and have no video security. 

Cinny171
Star
Star

Everyone doesn't use Chrome, I don't and I have tried all other browsers, cleared everything and it still doesn't work PLUS I lost all my saved passwords.

For this kind of money they better fix this piece of crap!!! I'm furious.

I took to reg arlos back because they both were broken and got this one, and now this!!!

They don't even respond or do anything.

Going to put this on Facebbok, Hopefully CNBC will see it and their stock will drop a ton!

Cinny171
Star
Star

You can't

Cinny171
Star
Star
Cinny171
Star
Star

Just an FYI when you do that you lose all your browsing history, AND your passwords. This is BS!!!

ensanguined
Apprentice
Apprentice
You have to love the silence from Netnoob staff right now. Obvious, serious technical problems going on and all you can hear are crickets. And I swear to God if I see that 'provide feedback' pop-up one more time...
Cinny171
Star
Star

Just hung up with Tech support, this worked for me. I use IE 11 and it prob works for Edge too but I didn't try it.

They said this is only a TEMP fix and they are going to release this info on all sites I was the guinea pig and I am glad it worked..,for me. Hope for you too.

In IE go to the gear at the top right of the browser

Click Safety

Click in private browsing

In the address bar of that window put in www.arlo.com

It will make you log in again

Good luck

Susan

BroNutZ
Initiate
Initiate

Using Google Chrome and Windows 10, tried all fixes mentioned in this thread and i still can't access Arlo footage.

Click log in and the Arlo footage page pops up for a 10th of a second then takes me back to the log in page automatically.