Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Hello Arlo Family,

We recently released a web update and some users may experience issues with logging in. If you are experiencing the following error (below) you should try clearing your browser cache. When clearing your browser cache, ensure that for the Time Range option, "All Time" is selected.

You may be logged into NETGEAR Arlo in a different browser tab. Please close the tab before proceeding. You can also try to restart your browser or delete cookies from your browser before trying to log in again.

NOTE: To verify this will resolve the issue you can also try opening another tab in incognito mode or try a different browser.

If you do not want to clear your entire browsing history and you use Google Chrome as your preferred browser you can also simply delete the Arlo cookie individually by pasting the following link in the URL bar: 

chrome://settings/cookies/detail?site=arlo.netgear.com

Click Remove All

DeleteArloCookie.PNG

Release notes to follow soon.

Best Regards,

Christine

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.
170 REPLIES 170
Nypyren
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, I was really worried for a bit.  This fixed the issue for me.

radix9
Tutor
Tutor

ME: Dell optiplex 780 Win 7 pro 64bit Firefox browser.  "You may be logged into NETGEAR Arlo in a different browser tab."  No other logins with my username, though wife's Amazon fire tablet may be logged in.

Clearing full day's Firefox cookies, logins, and cache gave no help.  Using a Private window in Firefox worked, as well as using IE.  Logged out of successful workarounds.  Firefox still gets same notice in main window.

Samruthc3
Guide
Guide

Nope, still encoutering the problem.

Enter email and enter password.

Press 'log-in' and it just clears the email and password.

Unable to access cameras and not happy.

Tried all suggested. Cleared cookies and Netgear. Went incogneto mode and then tried IE.

Nothing worked.

Appreciated some assistance please,

thanks.

gobigkahuna
Apprentice
Apprentice

I'm having the same problem.  I tried to view my cameras this morning and got the error.  Cleared the browser history.  Tried to log in again, same error.  Powered the base station off and turned it back on.  Tried to log in again, still getting the error.  No bueno.  Not happy.

gobigkahuna
Apprentice
Apprentice

Clearing the browser history alone doesn't fix it.  You have to also go to: chrome://settings/cookies/detail?site=arlo.netgear.com and delete all.  I'm back in business.  🙂

Matty09
Aspirant
Aspirant

How can I fix this using IE?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since it appears to be a cookies issue, delete Arlo-related cokkies via the browser settings menu.

gobigkahuna
Apprentice
Apprentice

Uh-oh.  Now when I try to log in I get an error that the database is down.  😞

NTHCL
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm relieved to see that I'm not the only one having issues..   Would like a fix fast though! 

iSage
Luminary
Luminary

I tried on 4 different devices (my PC desktop, my PC laptop, my iPhone and my iPad) - I cleared all cache on each device as well as cookies and history and even restarted each device - all to no avail

Now why I try to long on in ANY device, I get a yellow bar across the top that says:

"We Are Sorry, the database is curerntly down, please try again". 

Is it down for all of us? I'm on the east coast in the state of PA in case that makes a difference.  Thanks

~Susan

Erica775
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm in Nevada and when I try to access via the iPhone app I get the 'database down' error; when I try to use a browser (any browser) it's:

'You may be logged into NETGEAR Arlo in a different browser tab. Please close the tab before proceeding. You can also try to restart your browser or delete cookies from your browser before trying to login again.'

nicholshornlake
Luminary
Luminary

Well, It's a new day. Time for arlo to screw up. I believe this must be a training ground for amateurs. Cannot login on any browser. Thanks arlo. You all are really on top of it.

dellster2
Initiate
Initiate

have followed instructions, did not fix problem.  Seeing Arlo cams on my iphone works, seeing/logging in on my MacBook does not work.  Have had multiple problems like this over the last week after having no issues for 3 years.  not happy.

missyg55
Tutor
Tutor

We have tried everything and still can not access our account and control our cameras or view videos, this is just ridiculous that we are having these issues and would really like to have access to our cameras again, any help would be appreciated.

sybersnot
Apprentice
Apprentice

Same here....:(

kangva
Tutor
Tutor

wtf Arlo?   Nothing is working.   Why would you deliver a firmware update that prevents users from accessing their cameras...  I have 3 different arlo pro base stations at different locations and none of your work arounds are working...  same BS  

"You may be logged into NETGEAR Arlo in a different browser tab......:
sybersnot
Apprentice
Apprentice
Same problem here.....
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Dear Arlo Customers,

Thank you for your patience. Arlo services are now fully restored. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. The disruption in service which affected some of our customers was due to a technical issue that arose during routine system maintenance.

For updates and more info on what happened, please visit this thread in the Arlo Community.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Stories/Arlo-Service-Down-Temporarily-Unable-to-Login/m-p/1521...

JamesC

gobigkahuna
Apprentice
Apprentice

Mine is working (as of 13:41 EDT).  Here's what I did:

1.  I cleared the browser history (in Chrome go to History and select "Clear Browser Data".

2.  I then navigated the browser to " chrome://settings/cookies/detail?site=arlo.netgear.com " and selected
delete all".

I then closed Chrome and relaunched it.  The first time I went to my Arlo page I was prompted to log it.  I've not had problems since.  I'm using Windows 10 and Chrome.

Samruthc3
Guide
Guide

Done all you said and all that is advised on here.

Today i have the same issue AGAIN.

What's going on?

IE and Chrome can't log-in, just clears what i've entered when i press 'log-in'.

What updates have you done today please to make this happen again??.......it's all be fine for the past few weeks.

Ta.

ElkinQ
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem here under FF, IE and Chrome and on different PC's.

Cleared cache, etc. No cigar...

missyg55
Tutor
Tutor

Having the same issue again that we had on the 7th, can not access anything, same message, you may be logged into Netgear...................................................WTH

joecap1946
Tutor
Tutor

Same issue here...cmon Arlo....

You may be logged into NETGEAR Arlo in a different browser tab. Please close the tab before proceeding. You can also try to restart your browser or delete cookies from your browser before trying to login again.

gobigkahuna
Apprentice
Apprentice

Same happened here.  I did this and it fixed it:

1.  I cleared the browser history (in Chrome go to History and select "Clear Browser Data".

2.  I then navigated the browser to " chrome://settings/cookies/detail?site=arlo.netgear.com " and selected
delete all".

I then closed Chrome and relaunched it.  The first time I went to my Arlo page I was prompted to log it.  I've not had problems since.  I'm using Windows 10 and Chrome.