Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Wish tech support could have me checked the gauge first...

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
LeahB
Follower
Follower

I called for support 2 times this morning.  The first call did little to fix the problem and I was left by the tech telling me to re-start my phone and all will work.  I had to gt off the phone to do that!   It did not fix things and things got worst.  I called back.  Turns out the batteries were bad in two cameras.  It had been mentioned the first time but when I tested one battery of the four it test good!  After several test requests from the tech people and nothing changed I changed batteries on the second call and that camera worked.  Then I learned,  because I asked how to preserve the batteries in camera  I don't have on ...  I was lead to the settings and to My devices then the on off button when I saw there was also a gauge saying the strength of the battery!  Wish the techs would have had me check that gauge first before spending so much time trouble shooting matters that did no good including having to uninstall and re-install the Arlo app on my phone!  Not everyone knows how to check the battery life remaining in their cameras.  I didnot!   It would be nice to check the basics first!  Good luck teaching your techs as you move forward.  

1 REPLY 1
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey LeahB,

We appreciate your feedback regarding the experience you had with the support team; I'll forward your feedback to our team. But I'm glad to hear that your Arlo camera is now working after changing the batteries!