Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Wind blew camera off magnetic mount

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
TonyP9
Initiate
Initiate

Yesterday, after snowblowing the deck, I noticed the Arlo camera gone from the magnetic mount.  The wind had started blowing quite hard and I think the camera was blown off the mount into the back yard.  My Arlo app shows the lens covered with snow.  Has this ever happened to anyone?   How can I locate the camera in the snowy back yard?.  Do I have to wait until spring?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Not many have been blown off the mounts....must have been some wind... but it would not go far if there was snow.

I would look in the 1-2 ft area around , moving snow,  whiling viewing to see if light changes in picture

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Not many have been blown off the mounts....must have been some wind... but it would not go far if there was snow.

I would look in the 1-2 ft area around , moving snow,  whiling viewing to see if light changes in picture

TonyP9
Initiate
Initiate

Thanks.   Took your advice and found the unit under a pile of snow near deck.!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I have an original wirless camera near my pond that started falling off the magnetic mount spontaneously. After this happened a few times, I tried cleaning the rubber indentation in the camera but I also used the new-style mount (looks more gray that the original silvery surface - the surface itself is different). It's stayed put since. No other camera has moved in the least - maybe the snowblower sent a blast the camera's way?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

TonyP9 wrote:

Thanks.   Took your advice and found the unit under a pile of snow near deck.!

good to hear.

Also , you can use a light short piece of fishing line or similar and a 1/4-20 bolt to the camera and tie the other end aroundthe mount...tether will stop it from going far