Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Will magnetic mounts work outdoors during winters in the snowy Northeast? Weight capacity?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
mchinsomboon
Star
Star

I'm wondering if the cameras might fall under the weight of snow that accumulates during the snowy winters in the NorthEast/Boston area? I don't want the cameras to fall.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Worked fine in Rochester, NY. I don't believe magnetism is affected by temps in this range - maybe absolute zero...  🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Worked fine in Rochester, NY. I don't believe magnetism is affected by temps in this range - maybe absolute zero...  🙂

Hula_Rock
Prodigy Prodigy
Prodigy

If you are unsure, protect your investment and teather it.......

I had a bird (a Grackle) land on one of my outdoor cameras when I was first setting up my system.  The bird decided to perch on my camera. It had a very difficult time getting its balance and decided to fly off, in doing so. it pushed off the camera dislodging it from the magnet.  The short teather saved it from certian desctruction from the concrete walkway below.   

Mcgyver210
Aspirant
Aspirant

What did you use to tether it & how did you attach?

thanks,

Hula_Rock
Prodigy Prodigy
Prodigy

I will take a picture this evening. The thread on the camera is 1/4-20, the standard on any camera or tripod.  Make sure you purchase the stainless steel version.

Mcgyver210 wrote:

What did you use to tether it & how did you attach?

thanks,