Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Wifi Range

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
maryoconnor99
Aspirant
Aspirant

I recently bought an Arlo system with 4 cameras.  I have the base set up thru a WIFI range extender - which captures 3 of 4 cameras.  Is there a way to expand the WIFI coverage to include the 4th camera, or would I need to buy another base and another wifi range extender?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

maryoconnor99 wrote:

I recently bought an Arlo system with 4 cameras.  I have the base set up thru a WIFI range extender - which captures 3 of 4 cameras.  Is there a way to expand the WIFI coverage to include the 4th camera, or would I need to buy another base and another wifi range extender?

The only way to extend the real range of the Arlo base is by adding another base... An extender will allow you to properly center the base for max coverage but if the cam range is beyond that, then a second base is needed.

There is no limit on the number of bases on any service plan ( limit is on cameras )

Two bases will work from the same account but remember that you can only sync a camera to one base at a time.... so you sync the closest cameras to each for best signal.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

maryoconnor99 wrote:

The only way to extend the real range of the Arlo base is by adding another base... An extender will allow you to properly center the base for max coverage but if the cam range is beyond that, then a second base is needed.

There is no limit on the number of bases on any service plan ( limit is on cameras )

Two bases will work from the same account but remember that you can only sync a camera to one base at a time.... so you sync the closest cameras to each for best signal.

Morse is faster than texting!
maryoconnor99
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you Tom!

maryoconnor99
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi again Tom.

I bought a second base and another camera, and have added the second base to my account.  I've sync'ed the camera to the new base (fast blue light flashed to note it was sync'ed).  But I can't get it to show up on my account (app or laptop).

I can see now that I have two bases on my account.  The first base has 4 cameras.  The second base has 0.

What do you think I am doing wrong?

thank you for your help!

maryoconnor99
Aspirant
Aspirant

Scratch that Tom, I kept trying and finally got it to sync! thank you again.