Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Wife got new iPhone, Grant Access stuck on pending

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
PBGBob
Aspirant
Aspirant

My wife just got a new iPhone XR. Previously she had a 6S+ and Arlo worked perfectly. Since getting the new phone, she cannot access Arlo, it keeps asking her to build a new account or new system. When I review the Grant Access tab on my iPhone X, her status remains for days now as Pending.

What can be done to correct this?

10 REPLIES 10
brh
Master
Master

@PBGBob

This year when my wife and I got new iphones, I simply made sure that the names of the new phones were the same as the old phones. Worked great after that.

Brian

PBGBob
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks Brian,

We tried that, and no change to 'Grant Access' it remains as 'Pending.'

Bob 

brh
Master
Master

@PBGBob

Has she checked her email, including spam folders, to see if she got her invitation?

Secondly, just to make sure that it isn't the app on a new device, log in on your pc first with your account and try resending the invitation to see if she gets it. If so, on the computer go into her email and follow the instructions.

Brian

PBGBob
Aspirant
Aspirant

She does receive the invite no problem. When she clicks the link Arlo propmts her to set up a new system, not add her phone to our 'Access Granted' group. 

I will try the PC method when I have access to she and the phone. I'll follow-up with how it goes.

Thank you.

Bob

brh
Master
Master

@PBGBob

I am thinking the reason for the pending message is that she hasn't responded to the email invitation yet.

Brian

brh
Master
Master

@PBGBob

I was posting a message when your latest post arrived. Sorry if that causes any confusion.

Brian

PBGBob
Aspirant
Aspirant

No worries, no confusion. She tries to respond to the email, but the links keep directing to set up a new Arlo system. She cannot 'find' or connect to our existing configuration.

brh
Master
Master

@PBGBob

Now I understand what is going on. She should not need to set up a new account if she already has one. You will probably have to contact customer support to check your account. I will think about this a little more and see if I can come up with a solution.

Brian

brh
Master
Master

@PBGBob

On your device, go to Settings > Grant Access. Is anyone listed? I she is already listed, which she should be if she had access before purchasing the new phone, and be sure the base station is selected and all the cameras. If she is not listed, we will have to figure out why not.

Brian

PBGBob
Aspirant
Aspirant

Brian,

Thanks for the back and forth, apologies for going dark a bit, much stuff happening this time of year. 🙂 Never did get the invite to work with her usual email address; kept wanting to build new system, not add to existing. So we sent the invite to her secondary email address and she was able to join. 

It is a work-around, but would have prefered the proper email address to work.

Bob