Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Why so difficult?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
JackieFranklin
Tutor
Tutor

There seems to be a complicated answer to even the simplest query about this system. 

This is the least user-friendly product I have ever encountered at age 56. The system is a good idea but not carried out in production. 

It is fine if I want to see birds, raccoons, deer, foxes in my yard. However, trying to see what make/color car is coming down my driveway, forget about it! And don't tell me about positioning, telling one camera to film when motion is detected on another camera, etc. You shouldn't need a work-around for the camera to work. 5-10 second delay in motion detection? Unacceptable. We have had the 4 camera system for 6 months and are disgusted. The boards are full of complaints and excuses. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT! Unless you are buying it from us on craigslist, LOL.

3 REPLIES 3
Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy

I share your pain.......

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JackieFranklin,

Are all of your cameras behaving this way? A screenshot from the point of view of the affected camera(s) could give us a better idea of what could be causing the issue.

JamesC

Pet1700
Apprentice
Apprentice

I put a suggestion to net gear on creating remote sensors that could be placed in numerous locations to trigger recording way before subject enters camera view. I got no replies.

to help, create rules that motion on one camera records on numbers cameras at once.  For example, I have a camera in the driveway that when triggered records the driveway, but also starts recording of camera in the back. This way, by the time subjects walks up to the back, that camera would have already been recording. Subject caught on camera.