Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Why no Time and Date Stamp on Downloads?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
AncientFlower
Apprentice
Apprentice

If, in the case of a break-

Spoiler

in or teenagers wrecking, the Police require a Date and Time Stamp on any Video used for 'Evidence'.

Without a Date and Time Stamp, the Downloads are USELESS for using as 'Evidence' in the U.K.

I am very dissapointed after spending over £300 on two Cameras and a Base Station. I have been having 'trouble' with local Teenage thugs, but with any Video 'Evidence', the Police will NOT take any 'Action'.

Yet again, I have wasted my time and Money on a substandard CCTV Video Set-Up.

Taking a 'Screen Shot' of the Video first, before Dowloading it, would seem to have been an answer, but if I do that, the 'Details' on the Video are all different.

VERY DISSAPOINTED PENSIONER.  

Spoiler
Woman Frustrated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
There's metadata embedded in the video that should be acceptable but you'd have to check with the gendarmes to be sure.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
There's metadata embedded in the video that should be acceptable but you'd have to check with the gendarmes to be sure.
AncientFlower
Apprentice
Apprentice

I brought this up on another page, more or less the same title. 'Tom Mac' gave me an excellent solution which I think is right.

I thought that there would be 'trouble' the UK 'Law Courts', as when you download a video recording, the time and date change to a 'number' and someone said that dowloaded videos can be changed. The Police in UK insist on Time & Date Stamped Recordings.

As you say and 'Tom Mac' agrees, the metadata on the video shoul;d prove the time and date.

Thank you for your answer and taking the time to explain.

Time is precious, don't waste it.....

green14
Initiate
Initiate

This is not a solution!  Describe how to find the metadata that gives the creation date - I don't see it on the download - using Windows 7.  Thanks.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm sure there are various packages that can read the metadata - I use MediaInfo.