Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Why isn’t my Arlo Wire-Free camera detecting motion?

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Lilly008
Tutor
Tutor

arlo cameras detection motion  wont work 100% for me. had vehicle scratched and today someone was taking pictures of my motorcycle and camera didn't recored that. works 50/50 for me. I has switched cameras aroud, have 6 and problem is still there

7 REPLIES 7
steve_t
Master Master
Master

1. Turn your camera sensitivity up to 100 and reduce it by 1 every time you get a false alert within 30 mins of a previous false alert. You'll find the sweet spot for recording what you need and not recording what you don't want.
2. Position your cameras so any motion moves across the field of view, not towards the camera
3. For out the front of your house, consider 2 cameras from perpendicular angles that not only record on motion but trigger the other camera to record as well. Great coverage with this method though it takes 2 cameras

CasaDS
Tutor
Tutor

Same issue here. The motion detection is inconsistent. I have it over the garage outside and it captures the last seconds of the car entering, not the drive up to the garage. I switched cameras and the second one is even worse. I may end up returning this system altogether 

Lilly008
Tutor
Tutor

1 and 2 did many times, hasn't change anything. Since yesterday evening is connecting and finally today 5 cameras is working and 1 is offline

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Positioning of the cameras is key to decent motion detection.  Post screenshots.

Lilly008
Tutor
Tutor

1 and 2 did many times, hasn't change anything. Since yesterday evening is connecting and finally today 5 cameras is working and 1 is offline

Lilly008
Tutor
Tutor

its make no difference to me, at 2PM will work but at 2:PM will not work 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Still need screenshots to help more.