Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
happydays-ni
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have four battery operated cameras connected to my base station. They have all disappeared from the system over the past few days, and as they all are exhibiting a double amber flash every ten seconds or so, I asssume that this is because the batteries have run low. All batteries (original, non-rechargeable) are recording in excess of 2.85volts, so they're not depleted as yet. I have never received a notification that they are running low, I have checked spam emails, but nothing therein. Last time I looked ( about two weeks ago) they were all around 85% indicated.

Any thoughts?

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Don't know what the batteries are reading , you don't state... but, I get battery alerts when they hit 10-15% level.

Can say at 2.85 they are fairly low as dropout happens near  2.75 v

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
happydays-ni
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can't see what they are reading on the app as they have all disconnected!

My point was that I have never received a notification of low batteries on any of them.

@TomMac wrote:

Don't know what the batteries are reading , you don't state... but, I get battery alerts when they hit 10-15% level.

Can say at 2.85 they are fairly low as dropout happens near  2.75 v

Maseratimaniac
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi @TomMac I am having the same issue. I check all my cameras daily and look at the battery level indicator plus often check the actual battery percentage in each of the cameras settings. All are OK with at least 65% battery remaining but then a camera will go offline with no low battery notification. I check the batteries and they have depleted to the point where they need to be replaced.
So two issues, incorrect battery level indicators, constantly and no low level battery notifications.
This never used to be an issue until a recent update.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

you may be right about the fw...

sorry but really don't have an answer

Morse is faster than texting!
happydays-ni
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok, I replaced all batteries with rechargeable units. All working well. However, one camera is currently displaying 1% battery and I have had absolutely no notifications. I am unable to find a setting where I can turn on or off notifications for battery levels. Any thoughts?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @happydays-ni

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support