Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Why are the cameras always off line?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
notawinger
Follower
Follower

I am about 2 weeks into having this system. When it works it is great but I am starting to have issues with the system. Now every time I try to check my cameras remotely they say the base is offline. The base sits 12" inches away from the router extender. It is connected. why all of a sudden am I having issues. I have the system set for automatic updates.

Thanks for your help.

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Attach a mobile device to the defender's WiFi and verify the extender is working. Power cycle the base. When you try to use the app or browser log out and back in. If these don't work, I'd call and place a trouble ticket.

Boat52
Apprentice
Apprentice

My three caera set up using the base attached to a Lionksys wireless router worked perfectly. Then yesterday the camera light went orange. Repowered base station and all was OK. This morning, I awoke to find orange light again. Moved the base station on an angle in same position and so far the fix is working. Wifi signal from cameras not great at two bars and all the cameras are in the same area near each other.

Does anyone know how to access the base station with my browser to see the settings and channel being used?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I suspect your issue is with the Ethernet cable or possibly the port on either the base station or router.  The amber Internet LED being fixed by moving the base would seem to indicate a poor physical connection.  The WiFi signal may well have changed, too, but that's not the basis for the LED indication.

As for the access to the base station, you have no control over it at all.  You can use a WIFi tool on your phone or WiFi laptop to determine what channel the base is using but that's it.  The base will pick up the same channel as the router if the two are close to each other.  The base will grab its own channel if separated sufficiently (20 feet-ish) from the router.  Since you say you have marginal indications for the camera connection, you may want to explore moving the base via a long cable or using a WiFi extender for the bas to plug into.