Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Why Does My Camera Keep Going Offline?

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Darlene1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Why does Arlo keep going offline and how do I get it back online?

11 REPLIES 11
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you use AT&T as an ISP, they're having issues. Big thread in the Pro 2 section here.

Otherwise, we need full details of what you see and what you've tried. What are the LEDs on the base showing? Have you tried both the app and a browser?

FGrand
Aspirant
Aspirant

I seem to have similar problem. I have been using Arlo Pro for a couple of years. Yesterday I noticed that my cameras looses connection from time to time. The connections comes back againg without I do anything.

I have today connected an Arlo Pro 2 camara to the base station. It has the same problem.

The message is:

"The Arlo device is offline".

I have the problem in both the app an in a browser.

The problem might have been there for a while since I normally dont check the status.

I believe I noticed somewhere that the firmware of the base station is only about a month old. Could this be causing it?

/Flemming Grand

FGrand
Aspirant
Aspirant

As I see it when they have lost connection only the first two LEDs from the left are on. When working all 3 are on

Darlene1
Aspirant
Aspirant
Not ATT but thanks
Darlene1
Aspirant
Aspirant
Not AT&T but thank you
Darlene1
Aspirant
Aspirant
I've been using Arlo for about 3 years and have head this problem a couple of times but it had always corrected itself. I may have to remove the batteries. Maybe that will do it.
Darlene1
Aspirant
Aspirant
I've been using Arlo for about 3 years and this had happened a couple if times. I think I'll remove the batteries and see if that fixes it. Thanks
Darlene1
Aspirant
Aspirant
That may be the problem thanks
FGrand
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks but it must be a problem with base since it happens with all cameras including the new one I connected today.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @FGrand

What troubleshooting steps have you performed so far? Have you tried rebooting he base station or removing & re-adding the cameras from the settings > my devices and test agan.

FGrand
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

Base has been restared more times.

I added a new camara the day after I first noticed the issue. Since this new camera has same issue I have not done anything with the existing cameras.

I have also tried to move the base station a couple of meters in case of disturbance where it was located. But no difference.