Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Which cameras will work with the arlo wireless system, I am interested in adding on cameras with aud

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
mmclendon
Follower
Follower

Which cameras will work with the arlo wireless system, I am interested in adding on cameras with audio if possible

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
steve_t
Master Master
Master

mmclendon wrote:

Which cameras will work with the arlo wireless system, I am interested in adding on cameras with audio if possible

Arlo HD, Arlo Pro, Arlo Pro 2 will work with any base station. As Jguerdat said, audio is a function of the camera. By not having a Pro base, you only miss out on USB backup and a siren; everything else is the same.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
brh
Master
Master

The two way talk feature is only available on the Pro versions with the Pro base. The original Wire Free cameras don't do that. I believe the Q series and the Baby model also have 2 way audio and they do not need a base station.

Brian

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The base has nothing to do with audio - it's all in the camera. You can use a Pro camera on an original base and have 2-way audio.

brh
Master
Master

Thanks for the info.

I will try that.

Brian

brh
Master
Master

Tried that with one Pro model still connected to the older base and although the microphone showed up in the live view and I was able to speak into my phone, there was no audio coming from the camera.

Tried it on a Pro camera connected to the Pro base and it worked just fine.

Brian

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Check your volume settings and maybe restart the base. I suppose removing and resyncing the camera may help.

brh
Master
Master

Ok, I think I know what my problem with the 2 way audio in the Pro camera attached to the original base.

In the custom home made enclosure I covered up the camera speaker.

Brian

steve_t
Master Master
Master

mmclendon wrote:

Arlo HD, Arlo Pro, Arlo Pro 2 will work with any base station. As Jguerdat said, audio is a function of the camera. By not having a Pro base, you only miss out on USB backup and a siren; everything else is the same.