Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Where’s the 7-Day Recordings for EOL people?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
bbbbbbbb
Aspirant
Aspirant

Purchased an Arlo set in 2016. Serial # on one of the cameras is:4N72787M87CB3. I believe they’re Arlo HDs. Got the Arlo EOL email in December. Just got another EOL email yesterday saying that Arlo has heard their customers complaints and are giving the 7-day rotating recording back. I don’t see it. Where is it on the app or our account?  

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@bbbbbbbb wrote:

Just got another EOL email yesterday saying that Arlo has heard their customers complaints and are giving the 7-day rotating recording back. I don’t see it. Where is it on the app or our account?  

If you own legacy cameras, you never lost the 7-day free recording, since none of the legacy cameras have reached their EOL date.

Are you saying that you no longer see any recordings in the library?  If so, are you still getting notifications?  Can you livestream the cameras?

@bbbbbbbb wrote:

I believe they’re Arlo HDs. 

Easy to tell, as these cameras (also called VMC3030) use 4 CR123 batteries, instead of the square rechargeable lithium ones used in later cameas.

You can also open a camera and remove any batteries.  You'll see a label inside that tells you the camera model.

FWIW, Arlo mods and support can look up models by serial, but users (including superusers) can't do that.  Also, the "H" numbers in the app aren't enough.  Those are hardware revision numbers, and many camera models share the same "H" revisions.

bbbbbbbb
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can still livestream from the app.  Does this mean I still have the 7-day recording?  It says that I don't have any subscriptions.  They're the Arlo HD cams, I believe.  The ones with the CR123A batteries.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@bbbbbbbb wrote:

I can still livestream from the app.  Does this mean I still have the 7-day recording?  

You shouldn't have ever lost the 7-day recording - Arlo never removed the feature for your cameras.

• Can you see any recordings in the app library?  
  • Can you make a manual recording while livestreaming.

@bbbbbbbb wrote:

They're the Arlo HD cams, I believe.  The ones with the CR123A batteries.

That would also be the VMC3030 model.  They are usually called the "Arlo Wirefree Camera" in the knowledge base articles (including the ones talking about the EoL).