Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Where do I buy a battery charger and batteries for Arlo?

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
Nhan
Follower
Follower

I bought Arlo from Sam's club. I would like to know where do I buy battery or charger for battery and how much for battery and charger. Thanks. 

7 REPLIES 7
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Amazon and other places list it.... it is just released ( extra batteries ) so give a few days.

https://www.amazon.com/Arlo-Pro-Rechargeable-Battery-Wire-Free/dp/B01LYCMLY5/ref=sr_1_8?s=electronic...

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Also, it depends on whether you're using an Arlo Pro camera, which Tom references above, or the original wireless Arlo which uses CR123 batteries. If you have the latter, then it depends on whether you're using the OEM batteries or rechargeables. Amazon and others have decent prices for the OEM batteries while rechargeable batteries have some huge threads here for information and suggestions. Note that netgear doesn't currently approve the use of rechargeables although they're working on releasing an approved set, hopefully in the near future.

steve_t
Master Master
Master
I notice a lot of the CR123 rechargeable are 3.7V instead of 3V for the lithium ones. Across 4 batteries that's taking a 12V total to nearly 15V. Is that not an issue in the other threads apart from an inaccurate battery meter?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not in reality.The batteries are in series-parallel for starters but the additional voltage doesn't fry the circuitry. The firmware takes care of the indicator and has done so for quite some time.  Arlo is also supposed to be releasing a specific rechargeable battery set for these cameras.

steve_t
Master Master
Master
Good to know. So the camera works off 6V?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Actually, it would have to be less since the moment you put batteries in and they started to discharge, the camera would quit.  The Pro runs off the 5v output from the wall wart and there's probably some overhead there, too, so I'd guess the original wireless cameras are essentially the same.

NETthisGEAR
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hey guys,

Tom linked the Arlo Pro rechargeable batteries. But I want to let everyone know that the Arlo (original) has rechargeable batteries avaiable too(they do not come with the Arlo!). You can get them on Amazon. There is only one that is certified by NETGEAR and they are these(others might work too):