Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Where are rules/schedule stored

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
bmattox79
Apprentice
Apprentice
I was wondering does the base save the rules that are created locally on the base itself or do they get saved to the cloud. I have a feeling they are saved to the cloud which is part of the problem a lot of us experienced 2 weeks ago where none of our rules were being followed. One of mine and other users suggestions is to store video locally on a USB drive and then upload to the cloud once they are finished, a second part of this would be to have the base store the rules/scheduling right on the USB drive so that again network lag/issues won't effect our local recording
4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

bmattox79,

There are many discussions in the Arlo Idea Exchange regarding local storage. I encourage you to visit one of these discussions and offer your support by adding Kudos. This is the best way to support a popular idea so that the development team understands it is important to users.

Thank you for your contribution,

JamesC

bmattox79
Apprentice
Apprentice
@JamesCI know that but that doesn't answer my question of where they are stored
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

bmattox79,

I believe this information is stored on the base station. I will escalate your inquiry for further clarification and post an update.

JamesC

bmattox79
Apprentice
Apprentice
Thank you, the reason I stayed I think it's stored server side is due to the fact that when myself and multiple other users had problems with our rules not working we were told something was done server side and nothing needed to be done on our base units