Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

When i check box to stay logged in, i get logged out anyhow?

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
cindyparker
Aspirant
Aspirant

when i check box to stay logged in, i get logged out anyhow???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@cindyparker wrote:

i can't stay logged in here or myarlo.

MyArlo will time out after a while. Stay in the page and check from time to time.

It will also disconnect you if you sign into myarlo on a different device.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Logged into what? This place? The Arlo browser interface? An Arlo app of some sort?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
cindyparker
Aspirant
Aspirant

the interface

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

"The interface" doesn't tell us much. The app and browser to manipulate the cameras don't have a checkbox to stay logged in. This forum does but it doesn't seem to do anything useful.

Please be explicit - we can't see your mind.

cindyparker
Aspirant
Aspirant

i'm sorry. i'm new to technology. I just figured if i didn't log out, i could get back there quickly without logging in everytime

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No need to apologize - we just need to know what you're trying to do. I still have no idea where you're seeing this checkbox since you haven't told us. I assume it's for this forum and not actually trying to manage your system.

cindyparker
Aspirant
Aspirant

i can't stay logged in here or myarlo. as soon as i leave the page and go back it tells me session expired. i'm by myself most of the time and would like to see whats happening outside when i hear something outside. all my other stuff keeps me logged in like email and social media

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@cindyparker wrote:

i can't stay logged in here or myarlo.

MyArlo will time out after a while. Stay in the page and check from time to time.

It will also disconnect you if you sign into myarlo on a different device.

Just another user
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I believe that the need to log back into MyArlo after leaving the page is due to the two factor authentication that has rolled out, even if you don't use it. The only solution, as stated above, is to leave the page open and do something in that page every once in a while to keep from automatically logging out (every 5-10 minutes should be plenty). Use of the app is more seamless but still not perfect since the automatic logoff still occurs.

I always leave my browser open at all times. I could use a tab specifically for Arlo and just (try to) remember to go back to it occasionally to keep it alive. I also let the computer go to sleep rather than to turn it off so the Flash issue for live view doesn't keep happening (every time you have to start the browser again for any reason causes you to need to allow Flash again).

There are ways around this issue but will require you to be an active participant.