Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

What happened to the Security System announced at CES?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jsangerman
Tutor
Tutor

Arlo announced the new Security System at CES in January. While they've taken down the CES 2019 landing page (www.arlo.com/CES2019), the press release and YouTube video are still up.

What gives? I was pretty excited about this.

2 REPLIES 2
The_Wraith
Apprentice
Apprentice

For a company who can't seem to get fundamental customer support issues addressed and have had a long standing track record (3+ years) of continually rolling out 'updates' that break existing features at the expense of adding 'new features', adding new products to their line-up of novelty webcams they attempt to pass off as a legitimate security solution is probably a bit of a stretch for them right now.

They're awash of numerous (hundreds?) of consumer complaints about their 'security cams'.  They're probably hoping to time the 'announcement' of new products once they have pushed clear of their horrible customer service problems and on-going system instability bad press.

I suspect they're waiting for the ebb and flow of issues to start ebbing.  I wouldn't recommend buying any additional 'solution's from them until their current product base sees a level of stability and reliabilty customers expect from a security system.

Regards,
The Wraith
jsangerman
Tutor
Tutor

That's all probably fair. I was surprised that I didn't see any mention of it in the forums here, either.