Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

What are the temperature ranges for outdoor use for the Arlo wire free camera?

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 In Conversation
alexrojas06040
Follower
Follower

What are the temperature ranges for outdoor use  for the Arlo wire free camera?  I live in a location where the temperature drops well below zero & I want to ensure this camera is not damaged & still opertes under extreme weather.

7 REPLIES 7
manfredz
Hero
Hero

i'm in canada and last winter temp dropped to 20 below (celcius) or even one or two degrees lower and snowstorm and all 4 cameras functioned well

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

alexrojas06040,

Arlo Wire-Free operating temperature is 14° F to 122° F (-10° C to 50° C). Arlo Pro Wire-Free and Arlo Go operating temperature is -4° F to 113° F (-20° C to 45° C).

For more information, take a look here: Are Arlo cameras weatherproof?

JamesC

mediaman54
Aspirant
Aspirant

To anyone who might know:   is there any potential for damage to the cameras if you leave them out there when it goes below 14f?  TY

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No problem. folks have had them outside WAY below 0F.

cbrauckmiller
Star
Star

Just hit -5F here in North Central MA.  Camara on my porch said it needed to warm up before it could be used.  Took about 5 minutes from me pressing the "LIVE" button before I got any live video.

All in all, I have no complaints.  ARLO is not a commercial grade security product, so there are limitations on its abilities.  The sooner people get that, the happier they will be. 

Thanks

Craig

coyotee
Aspirant
Aspirant

does not work at 1* outside

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Works here and has for years. Maybe you have dead batteries?