Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Webpage library header covering up 1/3 of page

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
Macahi
Apprentice
Apprentice

I'm getting tired of reporting stupid design choices. 

In any of the Video screens, such as the full library or any of the videos for the individual cameras, when I scroll down, 1/3 of the screen is now covered up by the unnecessarily huge 'calendar' from the top of the screen.  First, it's really not required to lock that into place.  I'm going to need to access it once each time I want change pages, but I want to interact with all of the objects that it's now covering up.

I know it's been this way for a while now, but I really am sick and tired of pointing out your stupid design choices.  Hire a real dev. mgr please.

6 REPLIES 6
Macahi
Apprentice
Apprentice

Please fix this.

Macahi
Apprentice
Apprentice

PLEASE FIX THIS

Macahi
Apprentice
Apprentice

FIX THIS!

Macahi
Apprentice
Apprentice

STILL waiting for a fix.

Macahi
Apprentice
Apprentice

Come on.  Are you kidding me with this?  You keep making changes that make the web interface almost impossible to use!  If you're going to kill it, just kill it already instead of constantly working harder and harder to make it harder and harder to use!  I already know that I've bought a lemon, but you can't even let me use that?

• I have to log in every 30 minutes instead of staying connected for 12 hours as we could when I bought the system.
  • You still don't time/date stamp your videos.
  • It takes forever (up to 3 minutes) to log in and actually get a camera to respond.  That makes these worthless for anything real time.  (When I bought the system it was more responsive and still is better when accessing from a mobile device - this is an intentional degradation of service).
  • You put a huge, locked header on the Libraries page which takes up fully 1/3 of the screen that's left over after your huge website header, so I have visual access to fewer videos and I have to do a lot more scrolling for selecting multiple. All-in-all this is significantly clunkier to user.
  • You've now made the thumbnails of the videos in the library smaller so it's even more difficult to visually scan across them.
  • As if all of that wasn't enough NOW you make useful icons on each camera on the Devices page, (sound, motion, battery etc) tiny!   Way too tiny to see easily.
  • And now, NOW, you add SPAM to the video pages!  You now give me a clock icon which when I click it is begging me to give you more money?!  Never...going...to...happen...

Are you bleeping kidding me with this??

You either have the dumbest UX designers on the planet, or you're trying really hard to reduce your web portal usage to a point where you can kill it by saying that very few people actually use it.  (Because you're making it next to impossible.)  I really don't know which it is, but something has to change.

Macahi
Apprentice
Apprentice

STOP burying my posts in older threads.  just because I'm referencing previously unaddressed issues doesn't mean that this post isn't about NEW issues. 

How about we get some kind of official answer to these updates which are making your product an absolute POS to own?