Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Web Portal login page slow to load

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Zaph
Tutor
Tutor

Since a week ago the Web Portal login page is taking over 2 minutes to load before it shows the username/password input boxes.  The url I am using is my.arlo.com. All that happens is a splash page with the Arlo logo which sits there for 2 or 3 minutes. The browser reports that the page is slowing down the browser and asks if it should stop it. Eventually I get to the actual login page.

Is anyone else getting this problem?

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Zaph wrote:

Is anyone else getting this problem?

It can be sluggish to load, but I haven't seen anything close to two minutes.  Maybe 15  seconds from the time I open the URL to the time I get to https://my.arlo.com/#/cameras

Zaph
Tutor
Tutor
Thanks for the reply Stephen. Curiously I get the problem using different browsers and pc's. I'll have to do more digging.
Z.
Bo924
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same slow login problem.  Takes about 30 seconds and I get a message that the web page is blocking the load.

Just started in the last week or so.

Zaph
Tutor
Tutor

Hi Bo924,

I used firefox webdeveloper tools to see whats happening on the login page.  There are a bunch of javascripts which seem to loop round for ages before presenting the actual login button.  Looks like someones written some rubbish code.

There are also calls to google analytics and a call to a site called "rum-static.pingdom.net/prum.min.js" which doesn't seem to exist which doesn't help.