Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
KachinaShadow
Luminary
Luminary

This just started with the Edge Browser in the past week...every time I log into the web portal I get the "Your Arlo Device Appears Offline" message (please see attached screen shot). Sometimes refreshing the screen fixes it but I usually have to login 2-3 more times to be successful. Even when I have the web portal successfully running, in Edge, and go to another open window (Chrome) and come back to the "Edge" window it shows the same "Your Arlo Device Appears Offline" message but seems to refresh itself within 5-10 seconds.

Note that this does not happen if I use the Chrome browser (I use Edge since Chrome doesn't support HEVC for 2k playback) and it seems to correspond with a Windows update that was done at the same time this started as nothing else was changed in my system.

Question is...has anyone else experienced this with the Windows/Edge update?

Paul

Arlo Login Screen.JPG
11 REPLIES 11
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@KachinaShadow wrote:

Question is...has anyone else experienced this with the Windows/Edge update?

I am seeing it in Edge.  Though in my case it resolves itself if I wait a couple of seconds. The page then refreshes on its own with the correct status.

KachinaShadow
Luminary
Luminary

@StephenB 

Looks like I've solved the problem...

Since this issue started around the same time a Windows Update was installed, I decided to check my update history and found that "Feature update to Windows 10, version 21H1" had been installed back in July of last year and since then numerous cumulative updates had been done including two that were installed on 01/12/2022 which coincidently was the same date this issue started. Those two were "Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 version 21H1 for x64 (KB5008876)" and "Cumulative Update for Windows 10 version 21H1 for x64-based Systems x64" (KB5009543)" both released on 01/11/2022.

I then noticed that there was a new (21H2) feature update available, "Feature update to Windows 10, version 21H2" which I installed Monday night and that seems to have solved the problem.

Note that there were two more x64 cumulative updates for (21H2) shown today...(KB4023057) & (KB5010793) which I also installed this morning.

PROBLEM SOLVED! 😊

The amazing thing is that Microsoft was able to correct this in less than two weeks 🤔

Paul

KachinaShadow
Luminary
Luminary

@StephenB 

In the two days since I thought this problem was solved, by updating Windows, I am still seeing the same issue although it has gotten much better so now it's not every time I log into the web portal but now it's maybe one out of every ten times (if that) that I get the "Your Arlo Device Appears Offline" message and now if I login again it connects just fine as opposed to it taking 2-3 more logins like before.

Here's something that I now see (see attached screen shot) after my reconnected the video doorbell (also two days ago) via Wi-Fi instead of through the base. In my initial post's attached screen shot you can see that it showed ALL cameras, including the doorbell & lights, not connecting (note that at that time they were all connected through the base) but if you look at the screen shot attached to this post it shows that the Video doorbell (now connected via Wi-Fi) actually does connect while the cameras & lights, which are connected through the base, do not which would suggest to me that the issue lies somehow with the Base/Edge connection (remember it doesn't do this in the Chrome browser).

Internet speed test shows around 90 Mbps download and 12 Mbps upload speeds.

I'm not sure what this tells us but if anyone has any ideas please chime in with your thoughts.

Paul

Arlo Login Screen 2.JPG
Catia22
Tutor
Tutor

I have the same problem - using Windows 10 and Chrome. The problem is only with the web page, the Android app works fine and recordings seem to be happening just fine, but I can't get to the cameras from the devices page. Occasionally if I refresh the page and log in again I can get in, but it's hit and miss. I rebooted the base station, but it didn't help. 

offline-arlo.jpg

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

I have the same symptoms I mentioned before - all cameras show up as off-line when I initially log in, but after a couple seconds the page updates and shows their correct status.

KachinaShadow
Luminary
Luminary

@Catia22 

Interesting that you're having the same issues with Chrome. Mine works just fine in Chrome and the only reason I don't use Chrome is that it doesn't support HEVC for 2k playback. Have you installed any Windows Updates?

Since I've now installed all of the available Windows Updates (as mentioned previously) I pretty much now have the same situation as @StephenB although I do think it's odd that no moderators have weighed in on just what might be going on especially since this started, at least for me, on 01/12 when two Cumulative Updates were installed...gee, could it be that it's somehow linked to the updates 🤔 

@StephenB do you have the same symptoms if you run it in Chrome?

Paul

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@KachinaShadow wrote:

@StephenB do you have the same symptoms if you run it in Chrome?

I don't normally use Chrome with Arlo (since I have 2K/4K recordings).  But I just tried it, and the cameras show the correct status when I log in.  So I am not seeing these symptoms with Chrome, just with Edge.

KachinaShadow
Luminary
Luminary

@StephenB wrote:

I don't normally use Chrome with Arlo (since I have 2K/4K recordings).  But I just tried it, and the cameras show the correct status when I log in.  So I am not seeing these symptoms with Chrome, just with Edge.

One more question...Did these symptoms in Edge begin just recently, possibly after a Windows Update?

Paul 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@KachinaShadow wrote:
One more question...Did these symptoms in Edge begin just recently, possibly after a Windows Update?

It is fairly recent (weeks I think).  I don't know at this point if it was tied to a Windows Update (or an Edge update for that matter).

Operationally it's not a problem, the refresh showing the correct status is starts very quickly after I log in, and the correct status is shown for the rest of the session.

dcfox1
Master
Master

Usually, the correct status shows up for me also after about 5-10 seconds or sooner. If not, a refresh works as said. Just today it only lasted a couple of seconds so not a big deal here. 

KachinaShadow
Luminary
Luminary

@StephenB wrote:
It is fairly recent (weeks I think).  I don't know at this point if it was tied to a Windows Update (or an Edge update for that matter).
Operationally it's not a problem, the refresh showing the correct status is starts very quickly after I log in, and the correct status is shown for the rest of the session.

It looks like there was an Edge update done on 01/13 (and in typical Microsoft fashion, numerous others since) which would have been the morning that I started having the issue which I had believed came from the two Windows Updates that were done the night before (01/12).

If I get ambitious enough I may roll back to a previous version of Edge just to see if it makes a difference but, like you said, it's not really too much of a problem especially now since installing the additional Windows Cumulative Updates have taken me from a real pain in the butt issue (as I described in first post in this thread) to where you are now which is livable 😉

Paul