Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
GBMaryland
Tutor
Tutor

So,

I replaced my VueZone system with an Arlo system (no... I did not get an offer to at least get a discounted camera).

What I'm noticing is that when I logon with the Web Interface, it NEVER sees the basestation and cameras; it always displays "Your device is not connected..." after a long time of displaying "Getting Status..."

When you switch from Cameras to Mode, it tells you the base station is "offline."

Of course the base station is working, and everything is pefectly fine using the Smart Phone App.

(You do have to logout of the phone app to try the web app.)

Any ideas on this?

GB

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GBMaryland
Tutor
Tutor

....and THAT was the answer.

Bitdefender:

You need to put in an exception (whitelist) for arlo.netgear.com AND you need to turn off and on the SSL for it to take effect!

Thank you!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Try a different browser... Fire fox, chrome, or IE> v10

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
GBMaryland
Tutor
Tutor

Nope.

Doesn't work from ANY web browser - Chrome, Firefox, or IE...

Any other thoughts?

GB

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Sound like a trouble ticket so Netgear ca look into your problem a bit deeper...

top of page, support and then go to contact support (right side)

Morse is faster than texting!
GBMaryland
Tutor
Tutor

Do ARLO base stations speak directly to the computer from the browser, or does the unit route out to Netgear?

Something has to be fundamentally different for the webapp to fail and the smart phone app to work...

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The system has to go through the Arlo servers rather than directly from the base.

There have been issues with some anti-virsu/spyware softwares that can cause these problems, especially BitDefender.  If you happen to use this, search here for "bitdefender" for solutions.

GBMaryland
Tutor
Tutor

....and THAT was the answer.

Bitdefender:

You need to put in an exception (whitelist) for arlo.netgear.com AND you need to turn off and on the SSL for it to take effect!

Thank you!