Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Wall mount tends to shift

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
racaballes
Follower
Follower

Hello.

Your wall mount works well, however, it tends to shift.  Possibly a hole in the front-center of the silver half-sphere, through which a screwdriver can be used to further tighted the screw and stabilize the mount in that spot.  This should not affect the camera magnet placement and make the camera more stable.

Thank you for this great product.  I have installed them in two homes and plan on placing them in my office to supplement an older system.

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

racaballes,

When installed correctly, the mount should not shift. Take a look here for installation steps: How do I mount my Arlo Wire-Free or Arlo Pro Wire-Free camera using the indoor wall mount?

JamesC

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I try to make the screw as tight as possible while still being able to get the mount on and slid into place. Sometimes it takes a few tries to get it tight enough without being unable to get the mount over the screw head. Make sure you're pulling straight down on the mount when sliding into place.

Derma007
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same problem trying to secure the mount. I think the wall mount is poorly designed. It seems the mount would be better secured with two screws.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You could use 2 screws close together - the top one to secure the mount and the bottom one to keep it from rotating.