Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Vmb3000 decided to stop working

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
yyfenn
Aspirant
Aspirant

Base station is offline which means no access to cameras at all 

has been working fine for years will not connect to internet despite internet working fine

HELP PLEASE

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The Camera LED is amber. Assuming that it's solid amber the base likely needs to be claimed again. Try using the Add Device selection on the Devices card. If that doesn't work, you' need to remove all devices from Settings, My Devices and start fresh. It may be useful to also hold the reset button for >10 seconds, until the LEDs flash amber. Let the base reboot and try claiming it.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Dannybear
Master
Master

You have posted in the wrong forum board, I suspect you have the arlo wire-free Cameras with the four batteries.

What LEDs are showing on the base station?

yyfenn
Aspirant
Aspirant

image.jpg

 middle light of the three flashing

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@yyfenn wrote:

Base station is offline which means no access to cameras at all 

Not sure if the middle LED is green or amber.

Have you tried a different port on the router?

Also, it might be useful to power down the base, reboot the router, and then power the base back on.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The Camera LED is amber. Assuming that it's solid amber the base likely needs to be claimed again. Try using the Add Device selection on the Devices card. If that doesn't work, you' need to remove all devices from Settings, My Devices and start fresh. It may be useful to also hold the reset button for >10 seconds, until the LEDs flash amber. Let the base reboot and try claiming it.

yyfenn
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

middke led is greerouter working fine and have tried all four ports

have also powered down and rebooted 

very frustrating as was working fine 

help appreciated 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@yyfenn wrote:

Hi

middke led is greerouter working fine and have tried all four ports

have also powered down and rebooted 

very frustrating as was working fine 

help appreciated 

Is the base showing on-line status in the app? or is it showing an off-line status?

yyfenn
Aspirant
Aspirant

Has been showing off line status on app which is what prompted us to check but as no connection between router and base station it’s not picking up any cameras at all

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@yyfenn wrote:

Has been showing off line status on app which is what prompted us to check but as no connection between router and base station it’s not picking up any cameras at all

A green LED in the center means it is connecting through the router to the Arlo Cloud.  Amber means it sees an ethernet connection, but is not internet connected.

Your status looked amber in the picture, but you said green later on.  I suggest checking the router's attached device list, and see if the base is listed there (with a local IP address).

yyfenn
Aspirant
Aspirant

Shows it connected to router on hub manager but still can’t connect any devices

next recommended steps please???

yyfenn
Aspirant
Aspirant

Deleted all devices and tried to add from fresh but still will not recognise any devices 

next recommended steps please 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@yyfenn wrote:

Shows it connected to router on hub manager but still can’t connect any devices

next recommended steps please???

As @jguerdat suggested, the next step would be to try a reset of the base station.  Instructions for that are here:

yyfenn
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you - despite having tried this before it has now finally worked on after another reset I am very grateful for your help THANKYOU  🙏🏻