Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Video stored on Arlo Pro 3 Base Station are not available

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Todd-
Tutor
Tutor

My system has been working fine for years.

Now all of a sudden I can't see recorded videos (stored on local usb) Hub is VMB4540r2

This occurs either inside my LAN or outside the firewall.

Ive restarted the system, formatted usb drive and reseated it.

Any ideas on how to fix?

Thanks in advance

Todd

13 REPLIES 13
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If viewed on a computer are there any videos stored?

Todd-
Tutor
Tutor

I can see a couple from about 2 weeks ago.  In addition I pulled the usb stick and had a look at its contents and it has video files from as late as a few minutes ago

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm assuming you're still on the old user interface (UI) that uses Library to view videos - is that correct? Is the pull-down menu still at the top of the library so you can choose between cloud and local recordings? Have you rebooted the phone and reinstalled the app as well as rebooted the hub?

gneileo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have been having the same problem for the last week or so.  Videos are getting recorded and stored, but I get the same error about videos not being available.  I've done everything that has been suggested.  Reinstalled the app, reformatted the SD card, rebooted the base station, reseated the card, etc. Nothing works.  Videos are getting recorded.  I can remove the card put it in my laptop and view them.  All devices, including the hub are accessible on the network.  Same setup for years.  Hoping there is something new here.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@gneileo Have you tried setting up your direct storage access again via this article? https://kb.arlo.com/000062997/What-is-Direct-Storage-Access-and-how-do-I-use-it-for-Arlo-video-recor...

gneileo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, this was already configured and working for years and has not changed.  Videos are getting recorded, they just are not longer accessible via the app.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@gneileo 

Have you checked for a router firmware update? Did you make any changes to your network?

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have done so far? I don't want to suggest anything you have previously performed.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@gneileo wrote:

Yes, this was already configured and working for years and has not changed.  Videos are getting recorded, they just are not longer accessible via the app.

Have you reserved an ip address for the base station in your router?

If you didn't do that, then it's possible that the router has assigned it a different address.  That can result in the router forwarding to the wrong device (or no device at all).

gneileo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've tried everything suggested on this board and sometimes multiple time.  As noted in one of my earlier posts

"Reinstalled the app, reformatted the SD card, rebooted the base station, reseated the card, etc."

gneileo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, it has a static IP assigned and reserved on the router.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @gneileo 

Is it possible to try a different SD card?

gneileo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I don't have another one that size.  I'd have to get one to try that, but I don't think that is the problem.  Video is getting recorded on it.  I can pull it out of the hub, stick it in my laptop and view the videos.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@gneileo Understood, let me look in to this for you first. I'll report back as soon as possible.