Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Teddybear1250
Follower
Follower

Well folks, along with everyone else. I'm dealing with the delay of the camera for motion. But, now I'm getting someone else video camera picture from a school. My home is no where around a school. So when the camera catches some motion it shows the school picture. My camera also shows my cameras video. Why! Im wondering how safe is this camera and cloud now for security monitoring. I called Netgear and got someone I couldn't understand and they thought I was joking. I was not impressed. Really pissed, on how I was treated. I just wanted to notify them and get the problem resolved. Any ideas would be helpful. Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

check this thread below maybe it's related.. Security and Privacy is at stake.. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Troubleshooting/Strange-thumbnail/m-p/974754#U974754

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Teddybear1250,

Welcome to the community! I apologize for the negative experience when you called support about the issue. Please refer to the above link posted by JPC and let me know if that is the image you were experiencing on your cameras. Due to internal testing some of our users were affected. The security of your material is very important to us and I want to assure you during this testing none of your content, or anyone else's was compromised.

Regards,

JamesC

oldmanwinter
Aspirant
Aspirant

I returned a camera set a few months ago and today i started getting video alerts from the camera, must have been resold and i am seeing someone elses video!!

I think this is a huge security flaw.  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

oldmanwinter,

I will reach out to you in a private message to further assist with this issue,

JamesC