Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Very slow response time since 5:00pm est

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Showguy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Is it only me? Since 5pm est tonight streaming cameras and watching library events are taking for ever to stream. Maybe being down 1 server takes its toll during peak times?
9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not that I've noticed.

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

Showguy, I think we're in the same server.. I was experiencing it too earlier.. It was slow that I can still see the spinning wheel when I go on to my library and sometimes I thought it was doing that hit and miss recording again but it was just so delayed that I'd have to logout and log back in and the videos comes right up.. I think we're gonna' have this problem when a lot of people are in it and accessing the server.. 

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

Hey Showguy, I think it was you accessing too much bandwidth.. Stop it.. you're slowing us down... LOL.. jk

Showguy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
JPC I knew I could rely on you for the answer. Lol.
ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Good evening Showguy!

I have been testing for sluggishness but have yet to replicate anything substantial. Would you mind providing a few more specific details that will help us better identify the issue.

- How long is the delay between the time you login to the time your cameras finish getting status?

- Approximately how long after the recording has stopped do the images appear in the library?

Our engineering team has been notified and are investigating the issue.

Best Regards,

Christine

Arlo Team

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.
Showguy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Hi Christine it was about a 3 hour period between 5-8pm est. it would take several minutes for the camera images to appear and than it was hit or miss ( more miss) if the cameras would stream. Than recorded events would be very slow to appear in the library and near impossible ( long choppy lags) to access the video in the library. I just tested now and all seems better.

Ps: I tested my internet speeds several times during the lags and I was hitting an average of 70mbs down and 55mbs up.

As always thanks for your reply and concern.
JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

Hi Christine, 

Mine, I get all the recorded videos but some of them I noticed they're not completely done.. I set my cameras 30 sec and I get a recording of 27-28 sec... and sometimes I get a pixelated playback.. 

Thanks for looking into this..

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Good afternoon Arlo community,

We identified a routine script that kicked off about the same time the issue was noticed. However, it is not clear if it contributed to the slowness issues seen by some users. For good measure we have adjusted the time this script runs to ensure it doesn't utilize any vital system resources. I am hoping the folks that experienced this issue can run a quick test again tonight about the same time to see if the issue has been resolved.

Please keep us posted if you see sluggishness no matter what time of day!

Your continued contribution to the Arlo community is greatly appreciated!

Best Regards,

Christine

Arlo Team

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.
Showguy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Everything seemed good tonight. Thanks for the response.