Very short battery life

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
rw3025
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 4 cameras using the same panasonic batteries. 1 camera kills a set of batteries in 2 or 3 weeks. This camera is indoors in a climate controlled room & on standby by most of the time. No motion & very.linited live use. The other three cameras last for months with the same type of usage.  ???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rw3025
Aspirant
Aspirant

They're replacing the camera

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

First is to swap the "bad" camera with one of the good ones... if the problem follows the camera to the new location ( and the good one works fine in the bad location ) then contact Netgear for a possible replacement

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
rw3025
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the suggestion.

I swapped the cameras a few days ago, monitoring the battery life, We'll see what happens...

rw3025
Aspirant
Aspirant

On 9/5 all 4 cameras were reading full battery life. On 9/6 the problem camera suddenly at 9% at it's new location. Looks like a bad camera, will contact netgear.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

rw3025,

I agree that contacting the Arlo Support Team is the best route to take here. Please let us know the results.

If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC

rw3025
Aspirant
Aspirant

They're replacing the camera

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

rw3025,

Thank you for letting us know. I am glad you were able to find a solution by contacting the support team!

JamesC