Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Retired_Member
Not applicable

SyStem includeS
• (3) 100% Wire-Free HD Cameras with Night Vision
System came originally with
“• (12) Lithium CR 123 photo batteries” as per the Data Sheet from ARLO.com
Sold prior to the “approved by Arlo” statement existed.
My question is are the same model disposable batteries made by Energizer purchased directly from Energizer appropriate for my Original Arlo device?
It came with disposables so I want to know if it was discovered that they were not adequate to power the Original Arlo Camera devices.
I do not want to invest in rechargeable battery system when I am considering just purchasing a different system that won’t keep eating my Brand name disposable batteries I have been using for over two years.
Any advice appreciated.
NOTE: I tried to just email ARLO privately, but was disconnected each time entered the word batteries...... Hmmmm not very polite especially after I spent an hour reading the info they provided with no answer relating to my sold to originally used with disposables device. I will just remove the post if they just answer my question so I can just buy some bloody batteries that should work right.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Retired_Member
Not applicable
Thank so much for the reply. Originally our batteries lasted quite awhile, but the last few months the cameras are just eating them up! I will check out the link you sent. Appreciate the reply.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Any of the top named branded 123 type cells will work fine in the Arlo HD cameras and it's statement that they are "not enough" battery, just lawyer speak that the battery wasn't tested fully.

Some of my low use Arlo HD batteries last 6 months tho reg use do run 2-3 months in spec usage.

Also I haven't tested, and not approved by Arlo but there are ac type adapters sold even for the original cameras

do a search

Many buy them online as the price is fairly low compared to stores  ;

https://www.batteryjunction.com/search-results.html?keywords=123&x=0&y=0

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Retired_Member
Not applicable
Thank so much for the reply. Originally our batteries lasted quite awhile, but the last few months the cameras are just eating them up! I will check out the link you sent. Appreciate the reply.