Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMS3230 display issues - bad tints

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
JFM0803
Aspirant
Aspirant

We have two cameras mounted outdoors.  One camera works perfectly but the other one started acting up and displaying either a red or grey-black tint.  Originally the tint would come and go but now it is always there.  I have seen people post with similar problems and the answer was to contact Customer Support.  I don't know how to attach an image of the problem - I was only able to download the videos when motion was detected.  Any help would be greatly appreciated as we are very happy with all other aspects of the system.

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use live view to take a snapshot and then use the share icon when viewing in the library. Copy the link to the clipboard and paste it here. You should probably create a trouble ticket, too.

JFM0803
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks so much for your help.  Here is the link:  https://arlo.netgear.com/hmsweb/users/library/share/link/968491AB1334D53E

How do I create a trouble ticket?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Support link at the top of this page and then Contact Support which gives you options.

A few things to try:

- Turn night vision off, save and back on and save

- Remove the camera in settings and resync it

- Open and close battery door to reset camera

- Carefully but firmly hit the camera with your hand on various sides

Any of these may or may not cause the IR filter to return to it's normal position.  Continued issues will require an RMA via a trouble ticket.

JFM0803
Aspirant
Aspirant

Many thanks.  We will try all suggestions and advise if any work.

JFM0803
Aspirant
Aspirant

The first two suggestions did not work.  Nobody can test the final two until later this week.  Will report back at that time.