Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMS3230 Camera won't connect

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Norfolkgail
Aspirant
Aspirant

Had to remove my camera and  now the Station Base won't find it or connect.  I use Xfinity wifi.  I'm wondering that is a problem.  Although this camera was connected.

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Your WiFi has nothing to do with these cameras. They only connect to the base so as long as the base is showing the proper LEDs (3 green) you should be fine. Have you rebooted the base? You say you removed the camera - do you mean from your account? If not, do so. Make sure the batteries are fresh. You can sync these cameras by simply briefly pressing the base sync button - don't hold it - and then the camera button. What happens when you do this?

Norfolkgail
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I removed the camera from the account.  In other words I deleted the device.  I have tried turning off the base and then in this order, plug in the ethernet, turn on the power, when lights are showing I then, through the app, ask it to connect/look for cameras.  I have two cameras, one that is currently still connected and working.  Although yesterday the video from that camera was all red.  That seems to have resolved itself today.  I have tried this process several times.  The batteries are fresh, there is only a sync button on these cameras, I think they are first generation.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tired the syncing process I mentioned above? Briefly press the base sync button and then the camera button - no app needed.