Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMS 3330-100NAS Signal Strength/Link Reliability

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
JsbARLO
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'd like to talk with someone about a refund Or an Exchange for a better system, My system dropped offline sometime yesterday. I've been trying to get it back online, Now that its finally synced. My batteries are now Dead?? Not sure how that happens since they were just recharged about a week ago. Me and my sister both bought ours about a year ago Off QVC. Thought it looked like a good deal But Honestly its been a headache pretty much the entire time. weather its capturing too much video throughout the day or dropping from WiFi Or batteries not lasting very long at all. too much lag when something trips the camera. Just overall not happy with my system. i look forward to hearing from you to see what we can do to get this resolved.

Thank You, J. Bocek

12 REPLIES 12
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @JsbARLO,

Which Arlo camera do you have where the system is going offline sometimes?

JsbARLO
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Jessica, This is it, VMS 3330-100NAS As far as going offline, It was all 3 cameras this last time. Sometimes it’ll be just one or two. My Router is with Spectrum and it’s 100 mbps, So that’s pretty good. Also the cameras are within the recommendations of WiFi range for connecting. Honestly I’d rather not get into a whole bunch of back and forth. My experience with ARLO , At least this Set Up hasn’t been great at all. If y’all are willing to offer me something better we can discuss that. Otherwise I’m already looking at other systems for purchase.

JsbARLO
Aspirant
Aspirant

And it actually went offline again, Just last night. As Of right now as I’m typing it’s Off right now. And I just Re Charged all 3 cameras batteries and Re Synced all cameras and it worked for about 3-4 days.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for that screenshot. Try to replug in your Base Station again and check again to see if it works or goes offline. And if the batteries doesn't last long than it should on your Arlo Wire-Free camera, read this article to see how you can extend your battery: How can I extend my Arlo camera's battery life? 

If you're still having problems, let me know and I can help create a case for you so our support team can help out further.

JsbARLO
Aspirant
Aspirant
I went through the steps and this is what I see. No Restart Option . Like I said in my earlier message. Please have someone contact me about getting a refund Or exchange for a different system. All this back and forth is just irritating.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You have to initiate the contact with support:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Or swap at the store.

JsbARLO
Aspirant
Aspirant
I will call customer support tomorrow. What if it was purchased off QVC?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You might want to contact QVC customer support.

JsbARLO
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok, So it’s actually HSN, that I bought it from. They said since it was purchased 3-11-18 It should still be under manufacturers warranty. So now it’s back in y’all court. Please have a Manager or Supervisor email me or call me directly so we can resolve this issue as soon as possible. Thank You, J Bocek

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

STOP posting personal info on an Internet forum!! Have we learned NOTHING??

You have to do the calling to open a case with support:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

JsbARLO
Aspirant
Aspirant
Settle Down, I thought I was talking with someone from ARLO. And I’ve already got a case open. Thanks for the Attitude.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You're welcome. And contemplate your attitude.