Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMC3030 camera (first generation camera) died during firmware update. No LEDs or noises.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Ken_W
Follower
Follower

I recently was pushed a firmware update for my VMC3030 camera. In the middle of the update the camera died and I can not revive it. Either the firmware killed it or the batteries died during the update and corrupted the firmware. Either way the only instructions I can find to reset the camera say to reboot (remove batteries and reinsert). That process does not solve the problem.

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If you have tried ALL other options... then try this.

I make no guarantee it will work and have NOT tested myself... and it may just corrupt the camera further.

So use at last option before the garbage can

*****USE OF A MICRO-USB IS ONLY INTENDED TO RESET THE CAMERA. ANY OTHER UNINTENTIONAL USE OF THIS PORT MAY RESULT IN DAMAGING THE CAMERA AND IS STRONGLY DISCOURAGED AS IT MAY VOID THE WARRANTY*****

IF you have a Non-Responsive Camera after resetting the camera by means of removing the batteries/reinstalling and have reset the base with no luck this procedure should work to reboot the camera to its functioning condition. PLEASE read the above statement about using the micro-USB.

What you will need first is a smart phones micro-USB cord/charger. A small object that will not cut or damage the port cover or port (I used a toothpick)

1) Open Camera Battery Cover, remove batteries

2) Using a non invasive device/tool look on top of the battery compartment where the lock engages the camera. a small white plastic cover can be found. Remove and SAVE this cover.

3) Insert Micro-USB into this port and plug the power cord into a wall socket

4) Lights should start to flash. Watch the lights. Orange light may blink slowly at first 3-5 seconds a couple of times, thats good, THEN the Blue light will start to blink. Watch until the Blue light no longer blinks and no lights are on.

5) While still plugged into the Micro-USB and wall outlet press SYNC button on side of base then press sync on camera. (you will need to be logged into your MY ARLO Account/dashborad on either your computer or phone to check results)

6) The camera SHOULD connect to base and a stream started. (you may have to press start stream on the MY ARLO screen)

7) IF it (and it should) connects, you now have an active camera, remove the Micro-USB cord, Replace plastic cover, reinstall batteries and the camera should automatically reconnect with the base.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Enduser10111001
Aspirant
Aspirant
Worked a treat , great as really should not push update when below 25% battery level .

Could not find this in the manual
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

it's not in the manual.... from my secret stash of info  🙂

Startingtohate
Aspirant
Aspirant
What if I have nothing under that tab. I have no usb place. How do I do it then. My camera has no lights no signs of life at all
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

First are you talking about the original Arlo HD camera?  ( takes 4- 123 cells )

Look at the picture, the rubber plug circled comes out with a pin and under it is the usb.

Inked20170414_074533_LI.jpg

DKNJ2004
Aspirant
Aspirant
And what if that plug is not there, just solid plastic? Does the camera need to be disassembled to find a micro USB port below the hard plastic in that spot?