Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMC3030 Will not connect while the other three will

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
JeffJohnson67
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have been able to connect (sync) three cameras to my base station.  The fourth, showed up but then showed as disconnected.  I have removed the batteries and reinstalled them, and sync'd.  The led blinks slowly blue (as it should) and then rapidly (which supposedly means it's connected) but it never shows up in the desktop.

This is a brand-new setup, so I suppose it could be a bad camera, but it just seems odd that only the one is giving me trouble.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JeffJohnson67
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry that I didn't post this earlier.  The problem is solved, but none of this worked.  I logged into the Arlo interface the next day and the camera was there.  I did nothing, no resets, no nothing.  So, no idea what ended up fixing the issue.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Remove the camera in Settings, My Devices and sync again.  Any luck?

JeffJohnson67
Aspirant
Aspirant

It never shows up in My Devices.  That's the problem.

I'm going to mess with it more tonight.  Reboot the base station, remove batteries, etc...I'll post a status when I've either gotten it working or I've thrown the camera through the wall.  Will they still RMA it after?  😉

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'd contact support using the Support link above here to open a case. That may be the only way to resolve this since we don't have the same access.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JeffJohnson67,

Were you able to resolve the issue or are you still seeing this behavior? It may be worth installing a fresh set of batteries in the affected camera to further isolate the issue.

JamesC

JeffJohnson67
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry that I didn't post this earlier.  The problem is solved, but none of this worked.  I logged into the Arlo interface the next day and the camera was there.  I did nothing, no resets, no nothing.  So, no idea what ended up fixing the issue.