VMC3030 - Unable To Access Cameras/Hub

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Robbie17
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo system has run satisfactorily since installation in early 2019 and firmware state is 4.11.1 Dec 23. Due to work in the room in which my internet and Arlo hub are located, I had to temporarily disconnect and move both to another room. On completion of the work I returned both items to their original location and reconnected.

The Arlo hub shows 3 x green LEDs as expected, however I could not access the hub or cameras via the Arlo app.

One of the forums suggested that I uninstall then reinstall my Arlo hub on the app. Having uninstalled the hub, I am now unable to reinstall it as it is not being detected when carrying out the ‘add new device’ procedure.

I have carried out the factory reset, still no joy. I have also uninstalled then reinstalled the Arlo app, still no joy.

The system appears to be running normally judging by the LEDs on the front of the hub, I just cannot access the hub or cameras.

Any further advice welcomed.

R

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since you removed the base from your account and "reset", it sounds like you didn't actually perform the reset properly. You must hold the reset button until the LEDs flash amber. Let it reboot (~2 minutes) and add it into your account normally. After the reset the LEDs should show green for power and Internet and the Camera LED would be solid amber or off. Since you appear to still have a green Camera LED, that means the reset didn't happen.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since you removed the base from your account and "reset", it sounds like you didn't actually perform the reset properly. You must hold the reset button until the LEDs flash amber. Let it reboot (~2 minutes) and add it into your account normally. After the reset the LEDs should show green for power and Internet and the Camera LED would be solid amber or off. Since you appear to still have a green Camera LED, that means the reset didn't happen.

Robbie17
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you jguerdat, for your prompt reply.

I carried out a reset as per your suggestion, waiting till all 5 x LEDs displayed amber. Hub reset and is now reinstalled and cameras synchronised. 👍👍👍