Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMB5000r4 firmware update not available

Discussion stats
  • 24 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 12 In Conversation
domone
Aspirant
Aspirant

My base station is stuck on firmware 1.21.1.0_1431_9611cf3 and when you go into the settings to check the firmware it says "no updates available."  According to the firmware releases, I should have 1.23.0.0_1520_b69eb19 available to me but it's not. I had to factory reset my base station in order for it to see any of the cameras I wanted to link locally, not sure if that has anything to do with it.

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Firmware-Release-Notes/Arlo-Firmware-Release-Table/td-p/1920885

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

You should now have the update, can you please verify and let me know. 

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you see if following these helps you get the firmware:

https://kb.arlo.com/4736/How-do-I-update-my-Arlo-firmware-manually

domone
Aspirant
Aspirant

Unfortunately none of these work for me. The firmware update is not available when trying on the web or the app. 

Olli25
Aspirant
Aspirant

same here…3x Ultra 2 and VMB5000 stuck on the .52 / .1431 firmware - no chance…don‘t like to reset anything. I read in previous posts, that you are able to start updates remotely?

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

You should now have the update, can you please verify and let me know. 

Olli25
Aspirant
Aspirant

👍 yes firmware is up-to-date now

thanks a lot!

Edinburgh_lad1
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi 

Mine isn't updating either. Would you please push an update for me, too?

Thank you.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

You should now be able to see the update, 

domone
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you, that worked perfectly. It's up to date now

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@BrookeN , guess I need that push, too, since mine is on the old firmware. Thanks.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@jguerdat let me look at this and get back to you later today. 

ajhdelta
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, I have the same issue, are you able to please push this to my VMB5000r4 as well? 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The firmware is still rolling out and will be completed soon. You will be able to update at that time. 

mrod817
Initiate
Initiate

Unfortunately, none of the steps provided work for me. The firmware update is not available when trying on the web or the app. My VMB5000r4 is stuck at firmware 1.21.1.0. Can you please assist me? Thank you

markos11
Tutor
Tutor

Same here, please push newest firmware to my two ultra 2's and vmb5000 please.  2.5 months to roll out firmware?  Tried manual update "no update available" tried remove/add a camera - no update.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The firmware is still rolling out and will be completed soon. You will be able to update at that time. 

markos11
Tutor
Tutor

When? 2025? 2026?

lkwschneider136
Aspirant
Aspirant
My device is also stuck. Please help to update. Thanks.
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Currently there is no ETA when the update will be available on all devices. However, it should be completed within the near future. 

Szp67
Initiate
Initiate

Still cannot get the firmware update to version 1.23. I still have the 1.21 on both my hubs, VMB4540r3 and VMB4000. Can you please push it to me?

markos11
Tutor
Tutor

Why the delay?

If it is a slow rollout there has to be a schedule, when will this slow rollout be completed?

If arlo wants to be taken seriously as security company shouldn't they strive to keep all of their products updated to the latest firmware?

3.5 months and my smarthub? (not very smart, really) and 2 of my 3 arlo cameras are not updated.

Not looking for advice from a "guru" (I'm not employed by arlo, but I can praise arlo and give the same scripted steps which help 10% of the time, maybe).

Shouldn't actual arlo employees be the first to assist with arlo products?

Szp67
Initiate
Initiate

I agree this is really ridiculous.

I contacted their chat, which by the way I believe is based in India. They had no idea of the problem. The first one just send me the steps I need to do to update the firmware from the app, copied from their support site. When I told him that I have already done that, and the app says that I have the latest firmware, 1.21, he said that this is the latest. When I sent the link from their support site with the latest updates, showing that the latest firmware is 1.23, he had me wait for 15 minutes before he tells me that I have to wait till the update becomes widely available. The second one who followed up, had no idea about my inquiry and asked me to reset my router!!

It appears that their tech support has no training at all. They don't seem to understand what you are talking about.

They just copy and paste from the support site. This is totally unacceptable from a company like Arlo.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

We expect the update to be release very soon. 

derickwatsun
Aspirant
Aspirant

Please push the update to my 5000r4 too. Thanks

Knuky
Tutor
Tutor

I have 2 x VMB5000r4 still waiting for this update. Support of no use with this subject. I have the most recent update on an older VMB4000 hub but not the two newer hubs. Does not make sense any of it.