Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMB4000 will it still record more than 5 cameras?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
lifeguarder1981
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, 

I have the arlo vmb4000 base station with (5) arlo pro and/or arlo pro 2 cameras. I know I can only stream up to 5 cameras but will it still record more than 5 cameras? I don't view more than one camera live at a time. Also with the 7day cloud becoming obsolete will local storage work without a subscription?

I was also thinking of adding a wired arlo doorbell and was hoping to use local storage to avoid the yearly cloud cost if it will save to local storage. Also would the doorbell cause my door chime to hum as it appears it's a very common problem when adding a camera doorbell to a mechanical chime. 

Thanks!!

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The base can only stream 5 cameras at a time, whether recording and/or live viewing. If you need more than that, a second base or a camera that can connect via WiFi, such as the Pro 4, could be the solution.

Yes, local recordings will work but with the VMB4000 base you'll need to eject the drive to view the videos on a computer. If buying a new hub, consider the VMB4540 as it uses a thumb drive instead of the VMB5000's microSD card. Just my opinion.