Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMB3500 Won't Connect To The Internet

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
kamikoui
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just purchased VMB3500 and have tried contacting my ISP to open 80, 123, and 443 ports *Dont know if they are actually open or not because no way of testing* I have reset the base so many times, my network so many times, and even my computer. Nothing is working with every forum ive been to. Also my ISP will not provide any support other than saying some have issues and other never do. They will not touch it in case of a breech so they arent held liable so I am stuck with 2 options currently, come here and hopefully get this damn thing working, or return and not purchase another Arlo because of how poor the info is on this. *if it has to deal with me re configuring my modem*

9 REPLIES 9
steve_t
Master Master
Master

What are the LEDs showing on the base station?

kamikoui
Aspirant
Aspirant

Green Power, Solid Amber Internet light, solid amber camera lights.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The Internet LED has to be green or it's not gonna work. Try rebooting both your router and base, in that order. Who owns the router - you or the ISP?

kamikoui
Aspirant
Aspirant

as stated in first post, I already reset, restarted, contacted my isp provider as well. All things already stated in other posts did nothing. It stays amber no matter what I do.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@kamikoui

Maybe the Ethernet cable is faulty or the port on the router. Have you tried testing with a new cable or using a different ethernet port?

kamikoui
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, tried even using the cables attached to my computer and still nothing. Even verified that the modem picks it up and set port forwarding for 80 123 443 and still nothing.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You didn't answer the question about who owns the router.

kamikoui
Aspirant
Aspirant

My isp provider owns it and by law *on their end* they will not touch opening ports since that makes them liable.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Can you take the base station to a friend's house or relative's house or to work if work isn't super secure on their network? If it works there and not at home, you'll confirm it's your router that's the problem. The Arlo people can't really do anything if your router is blocking the Arlo base station from communicating with the servers. Are you able to buy your own router so you have full control over its security settings?